
Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment? (Forum Hotel Review SHOCK!)
Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment? (Forum Hotel Review SHOCK!) - My Unfiltered Take!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a real review of Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment. Forget the polished brochures and corporate jargon. This is the raw, unfiltered truth, straight from someone who's spent a serious amount of time there. And let me tell you, it was… an experience.
First things first: Accessibility. Okay, this is where things get interesting. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did see some folks using the elevators and ramps. They seemed okay, but honestly, I wasn't specifically looking for accessibility issues. So, based on my (admittedly limited) observations, I'd say it's trying to be accessible. My big question mark: the real accessibility of the pool with view, a main focus? I'd need to ask someone who really needed those things to know if it was actually usable.
Internet Access… Praise Be for Free Wi-Fi! YES! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Huge win. Because let's be honest, these days, a hotel without decent internet is like… a car without wheels (or a phone without battery). And while I did see some older buildings, they were not here. The speed was… well, it wasn't blazing fast, but it was reliable enough for streaming, video calls, and, well, you know, working. Internet [LAN]? I didn’t even look. But hey, if you really need that wired connection, it might be available. Who uses LAN anymore anyway? The internet services, you know, the usual stuff.
Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, this is where Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment really shines. I’m always a bit of a germophobe, I admit. But even I was impressed by the level of sanitation. The daily disinfection in common areas was very much in place, and you saw people doing the disinfecting every day. They even had anti-viral cleaning products and professional-grade sanitizing services. The staff seemed genuinely on top of it. I also saw folks running around with hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. I felt relatively safe, and hey, that's worth something! I also noticed: Rooms sanitized between stays, Room sanitization opt-out available, Hygiene certification. I think they're doing everything they can to make visitors feel as safe as possible.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Oh My! This is where the hotel really lets loose, but I found some of its problems to be a bit perplexing.
- Restaurants: The main restaurant offered a buffet and an A la carte in restaurant. It also offered Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. The buffet was a bit chaotic at times, but the food… was mostly good. Nothing blew me away, but nothing made me run for the hills, either. I had the vegetarian option, which was pretty good considering the price and options.
- Coffee Shop: The coffee shop was a lifesaver. The coffee was good, which is always a must for me.
- Bar: The bar was lively. They offer Happy hour, a Poolside bar and a Snack bar. And let's be honest, that's a great option.
- Room service [24-hour]: Another HUGE plus. Late-night snack cravings? They got you covered.
- Other tidbits: Bottle of water as a freebie, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and Salad in restaurant.
Things to do, Ways to Relax – The Spa Experience (Which was… Something): Let's talk about the spa. This is where the "BEST" part gets… questionable. The Pool with view was gorgeous.
- The Good: The Pool with view. I'm not even kidding - the view was stellar, especially at sunset. Truly breathtaking.
- The Bad (and the Hilariously Awkward): The spa itself? Okay, let me put it this way: the Body scrub and Body wrap were… intense. I'm not saying it was bad, but it was not what I expected. There was a language barrier, so I didn't fully understand what was going on, and it felt a little… aggressive. I think I ended up with more product on me than in me.
- Other Amenities: They also had a Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Foot bath, Gym/fitness. Swimming pool [outdoor], Swimming pool, Spa/Sauna, Spa.
For the Kids – Not My Department, But… They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal options. I saw a few kids running around; they seemed happy enough.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter: Let's see…they had everything from Air-conditioning in public area to Valet parking. I used the Concierge a few times (super helpful!), and the Daily housekeeping was on point. They offer the following: Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace.
Available in All Rooms – The Essentials: You get the usual suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, and so on.
Getting Around – Easy Peasy They've got you covered: Airport transfer, Taxi service, Car park [free of charge].
My Real Takeaway – The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Crazy: Look, Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment isn't perfect. It's got its quirks. But overall, it's a decent place to stay. The cleanliness and safety protocols are top-notch, the free Wi-Fi is a lifesaver, and the pool view is incredible. The spa… well, let's just say it's an experience. If you're looking for a solid hotel with some cool amenities, and you're not afraid of a slightly chaotic buffet, you could do a lot worse!
Final Verdict: A solid 4 out of 5 stars for keeping me safe, and offering beautiful pool view.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST DEAL EVER?!
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, get a MASSIVE discount on your stay at Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment!
Here's What You Get:
- 20% OFF Your Room Rate: That's right, save a bundle on your stay!
- FREE Upgrade to a Room with a View: Wake up to stunning views every morning!
- Complimentary Breakfast Buffet for Two: Fuel your day with delectable food!
- A Free Spa Treatment of Your Choice: Experience the "intense" spa experience for yourself! (Okay, maybe not that aggressive depending on the day)
But wait, there's MORE!
Book TODAY and get a voucher for:
- Free Drinks at the Poolside Bar! (Because you deserve it!)
Why Book Now?
- Limited-Time Offer: This deal won't last forever!
- Experience the Hype Yourself: Discover why Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment is the talk of the town!
- Relax and Unwind: Enjoy the best amenities and service that keeps people coming back!
Don't miss out! Click Here to Book Your Stay Now! (Insert Link Here)
Remember to mention "FORUM SHOCK" when booking to claim your exclusive offer!
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Awaits at Bel Mare 307e!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is ME in Dongguan. We're talking Dongguan Forum Hotel and Apartment, China. And trust me, it's going to be an… experience.
Dongguan Debrief: A Messy, Opinionated, and Probably Slightly Over-Caffeinated Adventure
Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Judgments - Hotel Room, You're My BFF (For Now)
Morning (or what passes for morning after a 14-hour flight): Dragged myself (and my luggage that feels like it's gained a small human) through customs. Face numb from the cold blast of the airport's AC. The initial impression? Everything's BIG. Buildings, signs, the sheer VOLUME of people. And the air… well, let's just say it’s got character. Finding immigration was a chaotic ballet of pointing and vague gesturing, but eventually, glorious, I made it through.
Afternoon: Checked into the Dongguan Forum Hotel and Apartment. The lobby… oh, the lobby! Gigantic, shiny, enough marble to make a Roman emperor jealous. The room itself? Pretty damn plush. Clean, spacious, with one of those toilets that looks like it could launch a rocket. Immediately collapsed onto the bed. Jet lag? Understatement of the century. Everything felt like a dream (or maybe a fever dream). Trying to read the hotel manuals to know how the AC remote is a total mindf*ck.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Attempted to order room service. The menu was a glorious, confusing mess. Pictures of things, but no idea what they were. Ended up ordering something that looked familiar… probably a bad move. It looked like chicken nuggets by the time it arrived. Ate them slumped on the bed, watching (and utterly not understanding) some Chinese soap opera on the TV. The sheer volume of dubbing voices alone sent me half-sleepy. Maybe this whole "adventure" idea wasn't brilliant, after all.
Night (or what felt like the middle of Tuesday): Woke up in a panic. Checked my phone. 3 AM. Panic washed over me that I was missing a meeting… but I decided to drink some water and go back to sleep. Woke up again hours later.. Realised I was starving. Another desperate search for easily identifiable food ensued. Found a convenience store nearby. Ended up buying some… interesting snacks. Things I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole back home look appealing in a strange country.
Day 2: Lost in Translation (Literally and Figuratively) - The Dongguan Street Struggle
Morning: Decided to be brave. Launched myself out of the hotel into the… well, the chaos. The plan was simple: get coffee, find a dumpling place, and not die in the process. The coffee shop. Ordered – the only phrase I knew was "Americano, no sugar". The barista, a very young woman with pink hair, smiled and nodded. Two minutes later, I was handed a coffee that tasted like motor oil. Lesson learned: stick to the basics. The Dumpling Quest: Found a bustling street food stall. Pointed frantically at a steaming basket of… something. The lady running the stall just looked at me smilingly. Ended up with a plate of savory… things. Surprisingly delicious. Victory!
Afternoon: wandering around the area. The streets are a kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, and smells. Motorbikes zipping around like kamikaze bees, shops overflowing with colorful goods, and the constant hum of conversations I couldn't understand. Felt like I was participating in some bizarre, immersive theatre production, and I was the only one without a script. Almost got run over. Maybe I should wear a sign that says "Clueless Tourist, Please Don't Kill Me."
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Decided to explore the local park. It was like stepping into another world. Elderly people practicing tai chi with serene focus, children chasing pigeons, and couples holding hands in shady pathways. Made me feel incredibly… alone. Sat on a bench and watched the world go by. Started to smile a bit. Decided I needed to make a friend.
Night: Found a karaoke bar. Yes, I know. I'm a risk-taker. The only song I knew the lyrics of, from beginning to end was Bohemian Rhapsody. And how the heck do you sing that? It's a tragedy.
Day 3: Deep Dive: The Dongguan Market Experience - Or, "My Wallet's a Casualty."
Morning: Decided to dive headfirst into the local markets. Found a market. The market. It was a multi-story building. The air was thick with the scent of spices, incense, and a thousand things I couldn't identify. Rows upon rows of stalls selling everything imaginable.
The Bargaining Game: Tried to haggle for a scarf. The woman behind the stall could tell I was a newbie immediately. I started at 10 Yuan (which I thought was a reasonable offer). She stared at me, then started laughing, pointing to her nose. She tried to sell it to me. She said I should pay 100 Yuan, but I kept insisting on 10. After much back and forth, I ended up paying 20… a total victory!
A Culinary Adventure (or Disaster): Found a food court in the market. The smells were incredible, the choices overwhelming. Tried to eat a dish that looked safe… it was some kind of soup with… let's just say, interesting textures. Managed to keep it down (a personal triumph).
Afternoon: Wandered further into the market, the crowd starting to wear me down. Bought: a fake watch (because, why not?), a brightly colored fan (because, heat), and a bag of spicy dried something-or-other (because, adventurous fool). Regretted the dried something-or-other immediately.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: My feet were aching, my brain was fried. Found a small teahouse tucked away in a quiet corner of the market. Spent an hour sipping fragrant tea, watching the world go by. Started to feel a bit calmer. Realized I was starting to get it. Even a little.
Night: Ordering food from the internet. The translator was more of a hindrance than a help.
Day 4: Culture Shock & Contemplation - Back to the Hotel, Brooding
Morning: Woke up feeling a little… sullen. The sheer contrast of cultures, the language barrier, the constant sensory overload… It started to wear me down. Took a long, hot shower.
Afternoon: Did absolutely nothing. Sat in my hotel room, staring out the window. Ordered another room service meal (same as Day 1, actually). Had a mini-meltdown about the fact that I couldn't understand any of the TV shows. Decided to embrace the melancholy.
Evening: Took a walk around the hotel grounds. (It's a nice hotel, though I feel increasingly trapped.) Eventually, I sat down by the fountain and just… breathed.
Night: Realized that I was getting food from the supermarket next door to the hotel.
Day 5: Departure (Thank God) - The Final Assessment
Morning: Packing. The act of packing is usually the same. I have an idea of what to bring, but I will overpack, and then never actually use what I packed.
Afternoon: Waiting in the airport. The airport food is as expensive as in any other.
Departure: Dongguan, you were a trip. The Forum Hotel and Apartment was mostly good, if not as good as advertised. This trip was, to be honest, an emotional rollercoaster, with highs, lows, and a whole lot of confusion in between. But I survived. And maybe… just maybe… I even learned something. Or didn't. Who knows?
Final Verdict: Dongguan? Would I come back? Maybe. Armed with better Mandarin, a stronger stomach, and a whole lot more patience. And definitely, a much, much better translator app. And also maybe, to avoid the chicken nuggets next time. The memories, however, are still worth something.

Dongguan's BEST Hotel & Apartment? Forum Hotel Review SHOCK! (Prepare Yourselves...)
Okay, spill the tea! Is the Forum Hotel even worth the hype after reading those… *ahem*… reviews?
What's the actual *vibe* of the place? Is it all glitz and glamour, or something… more?
The Rooms! Give me the lowdown. Are they actually luxurious, or just cleverly marketed?
Let's talk about the food. Is the breakfast buffet worth the potential calories?
Did you use the spa/gym/pool? Were they as amazing as the brochures promised?
Okay, the *one thing* you remember most vividly about the Forum Hotel?
Would you recommend the Forum Hotel, despite all the… quirks?

