
Escape to Paradise: L'Etoile Mauritius - Your Dream Island Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: L'Etoile Mauritius - Yeah, It's as Dreamy as it Sounds (Mostly!) - A Brutally Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to lay it all out on the line about L'Etoile Mauritius. Forget those polished brochures; I'm talking real, unfiltered travel truth. Did it live up to the "Escape to Paradise" hype? Well, let's just say it's complicated. But mostly, yeah, it was pretty darn good.
Accessibility: Navigating Paradise (and the Odd Step!)
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room: accessibility. This is crucial, right? And while L'Etoile tries, it ain't perfect. They do have facilities for disabled guests, which is good, and an elevator is a lifesaver. The exterior corridor setup makes getting around a bit easier too. But, and this is a big but, I did notice a few steps here and there. Not ideal for those with mobility issues. Sigh. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property definitely add to a sense of safety, which is always a plus.
Internet – Gotta Stay Connected (Even in Paradise!)
Look, I need my internet. I depend on my WiFi. So, the fact that they have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is fantastic. And it actually works! (Praise be!). The Internet access – LAN option is there if you're old-school or, you know, need maximum security. Wi-Fi in public areas is decent, too, though sometimes a little patchy.
Room to Roam: Let's Talk Rooms
My room! Oh, my room. First off, the Air conditioning was a godsend; Mauritius is HOT. Secondly, Wi-Fi [free] was essential. Air conditioning was great. They have Non-smoking rooms, thank god, and the soundproofing was pretty decent - a must for a light sleeper like me. The blackout curtains? Genius. Slept like a baby. The bathrobes were plush and the slippers… well, I'll admit, I wore them around the hotel grounds. Judge me. I dare you. I also appreciate the little things: complimentary tea, free bottled water, and a coffee/tea maker. Those count! They even had an in-room safe box which I never used, because let's be honest, I'd probably forget the code.
My most memorable experience…The Pool! (And My Attempt at Sophistication)
Okay, so I lived in that Swimming pool [outdoor]. It was the highlight! Seriously. The water was the perfect temperature, the sun was glorious, and the Pool with a view, oh my god. It was like something straight out of a movie. I tried to be all sophisticated and read a book, you know, soaking up the ambiance. But then I spilled my cocktail. Twice. And the second time? Epic fail. Big splash, everyone stared, and the book flew into the pool. Moral of the story: I'm not cut out for poolside elegance. But the pool itself? Absolute heaven. The bar (see below) was conveniently located nearby, so… yeah.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and Steam… Oh My!
Alright, let's move beyond my blunders. L'Etoile offers some serious pampering potential, it's a bit mind-boggling. I dove headfirst into the Spa/sauna. I didn't quite grasp what was happening and the temperature in the Steamroom was a tad intense. There's a Gym/fitness centre to help you work off all the delicious food (more on that later!). I skipped the Foot bath (too ticklish) but did a Body scrub and Body wrap. Don't ask me what they did, I was too relaxed to care!
Food Glorious Food: Eating My Way Through Mauritius!
Okay, food. This is where L'Etoile really shines. The Breakfast [buffet] was insane. Omelets cooked to order, fresh fruit, pastries… I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Let's be honest, I went back for thirds. The Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options are a nice touch, catering to all tastes. There's a Coffee shop for your caffeine fix, Coffee/tea in restaurant and, of course, Restaurants galore. The Poolside bar was my second home, thanks mostly to the Happy hour. I devoured their Salad in restaurant, and Soup in restaurant. The Desserts in restaurants? Dangerous. Delicious, but dangerous. I can see why there is a Vegetarian restaurant to offset all the delicious meats. The Room service [24-hour] was also a lifesaver after an intense day of swimming and sunbathing: They were very kind and delivered fast.
I also liked the bottle of water and the essential condiments.
Safety First (But Still a Little Creepy): Cleanliness, and Covid Times
Look, COVID has changed everything. L'Etoile takes it seriously, which is good. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and they were using Anti-viral cleaning products. The Rooms sanitized between stays, and they let you choose to have Room sanitization opt-out available. Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. All that felt safe. I felt I'm in safe hands. They have Safe dining setup, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. It's reassuring that the Staff trained in safety protocol. However, it made the front desk staff a little robotic. It was awkward to get the smile out of them.
Services… The Practical Stuff
They offer a ton of services, which is pretty convenient. Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage. It feels like a lot, a little overwhelming. I found the Doorman really helpful. They have a convenience store on site.
Things to Do (Besides Eating and Swimming)
Okay, so I'm a lazy vacationer. But for the more active, they have a Fitness center. If you need to work, they’ve got Business facilities, and Meetings, and Seminars. I don't even want to think about that! They also have a Gift/souvenir shop, but I didn't want to come back with tacky souvenirs, so I passed!
For the Kids
I didn't bring any kids, but it's nice to know they have Babysitting service, and Kids facilities, and Kids meals. Seems family-friendly.
Getting Around: Car Parks and Airport Transfers
They have a Car park [free of charge]. They also offer Airport transfer. It's all very convenient if you don't plan to get lost like I did.
Dining Drinking and Snacking: A Deep Dive into Culinary Delights (and Disasters)
This deserves its own section. The various cuisines are amazing. They offer an A la carte in restaurant and Alternative meal arrangement. They offer Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. The Snack bar is perfect for when you get that middle-of-the-afternoon craving.
The Quirks and Imperfections – Because Paradise Isn't Perfect!
Okay, let's be real. One little issue. I was trying to use my hair dryer, and it went kaput on me! Thankfully, the hair dryer was promptly replaced. And let's talk about the desk in my room. Seemed like a good idea at the time, a Laptop workspace, but I ended up just putting my towel on it and sitting on the sofa. Small things. And the first day I checked in, they told me to come back later, as my room was not ready! They had a luggage storage, and I could have used that space to roam around freely, but that never happened.
The Verdict: Should You Go?
So, would I recommend L'Etoile Mauritius? Absolutely! Despite a few hiccups and imperfections, it's a beautiful resort with great food, stunning views, and plenty of ways to relax. Just be prepared to embrace a little bit of organized chaos, and maybe learn to swim (or at least stay away from the cocktail bar). Don't expect perfection, expect a memorable time.
My Final Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. (Minus one star for the dodgy hairdryer and the slightly awkward check-in).
Escape to Paradise: L'Etoile Mauritius – Your Dream Island Awaits! – Book NOW and Get:
- Exclusive Early Bird Discount: Book your stay within the next 2 weeks and receive a 15% discount on your room rate!
- Complimentary Upgrade: Book a Deluxe room and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with ocean views (subject to availability)!
- Free Spa Credit: Enjoy a $50 spa credit to indulge in

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's pre-packaged Mauritius itinerary. This is… my Mauritius dream, about to become a (hopefully glorious) reality. I'm shooting for L'Etoile, that sprawling, wild-at-heart place, hoping to get dirty, laugh 'til my sides ache, and probably cry at least once from sheer beauty. Here goes, the chaotic, beautiful mess that is: Mauritius: L'Etoile & Beyond (Mostly Beyond, Let's Be Real)
Day 1: Arriving, Anxiety, and the Promise of Chaos
- Morning: Arrive at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (MRU). Pray to the travel gods my luggage actually makes it. I swear, Delta and I are in a permanent state of "will it, won't it?".
- Afternoon: Taxi to a pre-booked (and now probably regretted) hotel in the general area. Check-in. Immediately start questioning all life choices that led me to this moment. Am I really cut out for this solo travel thing?
- Anecdote: Remember that time I tried solo hiking? Ended up lost, covered in insect bites, and communicating solely through frantic hand gestures to a baffled goat herder. Good times. This time, no goats, hopefully.
- Evening: Sunset drinks! Found a cute little spot near or in L'Etoile, or at least close enough, after finding a good taxi driver, or hopefully a bus. Need something to soothe the nerves and the mild jet lag. Think a rum punch (or three). Vow to chill out, relax, and not overthink… then proceed to overthink EVERYTHING.
Day 2: L'Etoile, the Raw Beauty, and My Crippling Fear of Heights (and Maybe Horses)
- Morning: Head to L'Etoile. Finally. Prepare to be wowed. Horseback riding, maybe? Hmm… Okay, focus. Hike. That sounds better. Actually do some of the trail.
- Emotion: The brochure made it look so easy. Those smiling people with their perfect hair? LIES. I'm already sweating and I'm not even on the trail yet. The sheer scale of the place took my breath away. It’s like the world just opened up and said, "Here, have ALL the beauty!".
- Afternoon: The Horseback Riding. Okay, maybe it's not so bad, I found myself trodding along with the beast and I felt that the breeze and the freedom made it worthwhile. And the views are incredible, truly!
- Quirky Observation: Note to self: practice taking selfies on a moving horse. My photographic skills seem to plummet whenever I'm slightly terrified.
- Evening: Dinner. Find a cozy restaurant somewhere. Maybe try some local cuisine after the ride and all the adrenaline I need a solid meal. Curry is the way!
- Imperfection: The curry was insanely spicy. Tears streamed down my face, not from the beauty, but from the chili. I ordered extra water. Definitely not my best moment.
Day 3: More Trails, More Views, and the Existential Dread of Packing
- Morning: Hiking, again. Determined to conquer a longer trail this time, or at least, not cry for help. Hoping my legs remember what they're supposed to do.
- Rambling: The air here is different. So clean, so… alive! It's like the island is breathing. This is exactly what I needed.
- Afternoon: Back to the hotel. Rest. Pool. I need me time and to heal the sun burn.
- Emotional Reaction: A deep, soul-cleansing nap under the sun. This is living. Pure, unadulterated joy.
- Evening: Pack. The dreaded ritual. Always ends up being a chaotic mess. Attempt to organize my suitcase…then promptly give up and throw everything in.
Days 4-5: Island hopping, Waterfalls, and the Deepest of Blues
- Morning: Time to explore the other islands! Head to the dock and hop on the Ferry
- Opinionated Language: Seriously, the water here looks like it's been photoshopped. It's just that stunning.
- Afternoon: Waterfall, oh the waterfalls. Hike, relax, and take pictures.
- Humorous Note: My phone is going to fill up. I may have to buy extra storage, just for the pictures.
- Evening: Back to L'Etoile. Dinner. Bed. Repeat.
Days 6-7: The Grand Finale (and the inevitable comedown)
- Morning: Final morning in Mauritius. Probably a mix of joy and sadness.
- Afternoon: Back to the airport. This is where I break down.
- Stream-of-consciousness: Do I really have to leave? Can I just… live here? The colours, the smells, the feeling of being alive. Okay, calm down. You can come back. You absolutely will come back.
- Evening: The long flight home. Reflecting on the trip. Feeling a mix of absolute bliss and the crushing realization that real life awaits.
Important Disclaimers:
- This itinerary is subject to change. Because, life. And my attention span.
- I'll likely get lost at least once. Probably a few times.
- I will probably overeat.
- I will take approximately 1,000 pictures of the same palm tree.
- Don't judge me. Just… enjoy the ride.
Now, wish me luck. I'm gonna need it. Mauritius, here I come! And if you see a sweaty, slightly panicked woman taking blurry photos of a horse, it's probably me. Come say hi! (Or maybe just give me some water. I'll probably need it.)
Wish Natal Brazil: Unbelievable Deals You Won't Believe!
Escape to Paradise: L'Etoile Mauritius - Your Dream Island Awaits! (But... Is it *Your* Dream?) FAQs - Honest Edition
Okay, okay, so I'm sold on Mauritius. L'Etoile sounds dreamy. But… what *actually* makes it special? Like, beyond the brochure fluff?
Alright, let's be real. The brochures *do* lie a little. (Don't tell them I said that!). L'Etoile *is* gorgeous. Think turquoise water that makes you want to weep (in a good way!), beaches that feel like powdered sugar under your feet, and sunsets that will *actually* give you goosebumps. But what's special? For me, it was the *unfiltered* stuff. Like, the first time I saw a local fisherman hauling in his catch with a crew of guys… the camaraderie, the sweat, the sheer *effort*… it was beautiful. Not the staged "romantic sunset stroll" kind of beautiful, you know?
Plus, and I can't emphasize this enough, the food. Forget your bland hotel buffets. Go find the little hole-in-the-wall places. The roti wraps from the street vendors? Forget about it. Absolute game-changer. (I may or may not have gone back for seconds... and thirds...).
Is L'Etoile really as secluded as it seems? I need to escape the crowds! I’m a hermit in paradise!
Seclusion... Hmm. It *feels* secluded, don't get me wrong. You're surrounded by jungle and the ocean. Bliss. But "crowds," well, it depends on your definition. I went during peak season (rookie mistake, I know), and while it wasn't *packed* packed, the main beach did get a little lively during the day. Think more "families splashing around" than "shoulder-to-shoulder madness."
My advice? Get up early. Like, *really* early. 6 AM on that beach? Pure, unfiltered serenity. Just you, the sunrise, and the occasional crab scuttling across the sand. That was my paradise. Plus, you’ll beat the hordes of people trying out that instagrammable shot that already has the locals facepalming.
The website shows stunning villas. Are they… you know… actually as good as the pictures? Because Instagram is a dangerous game.
Okay, real talk about the villas. Yes, they're stunning. Like magazine-spread stunning. The views from the balconies are… well, let's just say I spent way too much time staring at the ocean and not enough time, you know, living. (My productivity was in the toilet, but I had *views*).
However... and there's always a "however," isn't there? The *reality* is rarely as perfect as the brochure. My villa? Gorgeous. But the air conditioning was a little… temperamental. One night it sounded like a dying walrus. Another, the Wi-Fi vanished into the ether. Small stuff, really. But it reminded me: even paradise has its glitches. It's part of the charm, right? Adds to the *story*. And the cleaners are fab, so that's a big win.
I’m a bit of a foodie. What’s the food scene *really* like at L’Etoile and in Mauritius in general? And is it safe for someone who's a "sensitive stomach" type?
The food. Oh, the food. Okay, first, yes, it's generally safe. *But* …you know your own body. Stick to places that look busy (a good sign of turnover and freshness). And be wary of the *really* cheap stuff. It's a general rule, I find, but sometimes I was overly tempted!
L'Etoile itself has some excellent restaurants. But... venture *out*. Seriously. The local markets are incredible. Fresh fruit so vibrant it practically sings. Curries that will make you weep with joy (and possibly a little bit of heat). The seafood… Oh, the seafood. I'm still dreaming of the grilled marlin I had at a little shack on the beach. Don't be afraid to try new things. Worst case, you end up with a slightly upset tummy. Best case? You discover your new favorite dish, and that, my friends, is *always* worth the risk! (And pack some Immodium, just in case...).
What about activities? Am I going to be bored? I’m not a "lie on the beach all day" kind of person (though that sounds tempting sometimes).
Bored? Absolutely not. Unless you *want* to be. L'Etoile offers the usual suspects: snorkeling, diving, watersports. Which are all great, yes. But I'm going to let you in on a secret... Go hiking! The interior of Mauritius is stunning. Dramatic mountains, waterfalls, lush forests. I trekked to this waterfall one day, and I swear, it was the most beautiful thing I saw. The water was freezing, but the views and the feeling of achievement (after a fairly grueling climb) were incredible. Just make sure you bring proper shoes and plenty of water (and maybe a friend who doesn’t mind your whining). It builds character, right?
Okay, so I'm thinking of booking. Any *major* downsides I should know about? Don't spare the details!
Alright, the downsides. Okay, let's be brutally honest. Mauritius is a long flight. Like, *really* long. Prepare to embrace the horrors of airplane food and forced intimacy with strangers. The jet lag is real. The humidity can be a beast. And... (and this is just *my* personal experience, mind you), I got a *gnarly* sunburn on the first day because I was so busy gawking at the scenery, I forgot to reapply sunscreen. My fault entirely. But seriously, pack the factor 50.
Also… the price tag. It's not exactly a budget destination. Be prepared to spend. But the memories? Priceless. (Okay, maybe not *priceless*, but… you get the idea.) Oh, and one more thing. Mosquitoes. They're sneaky little devils. Bring repellent. And check your bed for them before sleeping. They were a minor irritation but ruined a good few hours of sleep! So make sure to pack all the bug spray! Especially if you are a mosquito magnet like me!
I heard about the spa. Worth it? Is it 'pampering' or just another tourist trap?
The spa… Ah, yes. The age-old question! Okay, here's the deal: The spa at L'Etoile is lovely. Beautiful setting, serene atmosphere, the works. Is it a *tourist trapStay While You Wander

