
Ljubljana's BEST Terrace Apartment: Sleeps 18! (Magnolia)
Ljubljana's BEST Terrace Apartment: Sleeps 18! (Magnolia) - A Truthful, Messy Review!
Okay, let's be real. Finding the perfect place for a massive group in Ljubljana is like searching for a unicorn that also makes a killer flat white. But I think… I might have stumbled upon something pretty darn close. Buckle up, because this review of Ljubljana's BEST Terrace Apartment: Sleeps 18! (Magnolia) is going to be a rollercoaster ride, not that sterile brochure fluff you usually get. Prepare for honest opinions, some mild rambling, and my unvarnished take on whether this place is a total slam dunk or a slightly soggy disappointment.
First Impressions: The Wow Factor (and a Little Bit of "Wait, What?")
The moment you walk in, the "Magnolia" apartment hits you with a terrace. Holy guacamole, this terrace! Forget "balcony." This is an outdoor sanctuary, perfect for 18 people to mill about, sipping wine, and feeling like you've conquered Ljubljana. The views? Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Even my perpetually unimpressed friend, Brenda, admitted it was "Not bad." And that, my friends, is high praise.
But here's where the "messy" part starts. Finding the entrance was… an adventure. GPS tried to guide us through a solid brick wall, and the instructions weren't exactly crystal clear (blame my brain for a moment). The check-in/out [private] was smooth, but the guy who greeted us looked like he hadn’t slept in 48 hours. Still, it worked. Check-in/out [express] might have been a blessing, but the allure of a private check-in was fine.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (Like My Mood Swings)
Okay, let's get serious for a sec. Wheelchair accessible? Sadly, no. Not really. While it's listed, I'd be cautious. The apartment itself seems pretty accessible once you're in, but getting to it, and navigating within the building, felt… "tricky" might be the kindest word. There's an Elevator, thank goodness. Finding the entry door maybe a little less accessible. This could be a dealbreaker for some, so factor that in.
Accessibility: Internet, Glorious Internet (and Praying for the Signal)
Thank the internet gods! Because let's be honest, if you're traveling with a group of 18, someone's going to need to order a pizza, and someone's going to want to stream cat videos. The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a major win. The Internet [LAN] is there if needed, but honestly, I didn't bother. The Internet access – wireless was surprisingly reliable. I even managed to do a video call with my grumpy Aunt Mildred (who surprisingly loved the terrace!). Wi-Fi for special events… well, we didn't throw a rave, but I'm guessing it could handle one.
Where to Eat, Drink, and Be Merry: The Hunger Games (Not Really, But… Close)
Right, food. This is where it gets interesting. The apartment itself has a kick-ass Kitchen (and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items). We cooked some epic breakfasts, but the real question is, what's nearby? This is where the on-site options are a little thin. No On-site accessible restaurants / lounges to speak of, which is a bummer.
But fear not, hungry travelers! Ljubljana is a food paradise. The apartment is well-located, so you're never far from a delicious meal. We did a Breakfast takeaway service on the second day, and it felt like a godsend. We also took advantage of the various "on request" options.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: The Snack bar was a life-saver for late-night cravings. Coffee/tea in restaurant options close by, which helped to kick-start our mornings.
I wished there were more. A Poolside bar would've been the icing on the cake.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Beyond the Terrace (and the Massive Beds)
Okay, the terrace is amazing, but what about when you want to, you know, leave the terrace?
- Things to do: Ljubljana is packed with stuff. The apartment is centrally located.
- Ways to relax: Honestly? The terrace itself is the perfect place to relax. But there are also options for a spa, massage, and sauna nearby, offering a chance to unwind.
The Pool with view sounded tempting, and it seemed like we could access the Gym/fitness room.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Find a Germ?
Okay, let's get real about COVID. This is something constantly on our minds. I mean, the constant hand-sanitizing is getting a little old.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check!
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check!
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere!
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Check!
They take safety seriously, which is reassuring. They also offer Room sanitization opt-out available: nice.
All the Extras: The Little Things (and the Big Ones)
This place has a ton of amenities.
- Services and conveniences: The Concierge was helpful. The Daily housekeeping… heaven! The Laundry service was a lifesaver after a week of travel.
- Business facilities: There's a whole section for business stuff, including stuff like Meetings, Meeting stationery, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center
- For the kids: This wasn't a main focus, but they offer Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal.
- Getting around: Free Car park [free of charge]? Winner! They do offer things like Airport transfer, Taxi service, Valet parking.
The Beds! Oh, the Beds! (and the Rest of the Room)
We're talking Extra long bed! The bathroom phone was unnecessary, but what the hell.
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free].
The Gaffes! (Because Perfection is Boring)
- The Toiletries: The selection was good, but the shower gel smelled like… well, let's just say it wasn't my favorite scent.
- The Curtains: Some of the curtains didn't quite close all the way, meaning early morning sunbeams. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker.
- The Stairs to the Terrace: The stairs were a bit wonky, so watch your step after a couple of glasses of wine.
My Final Verdict: Would I Go Back? (Absolutely, But With Some Caveats)
Listen, this apartment isn't perfect. But it's damn close. The terrace alone makes it worth it. The space, the location, the amenities… it's a fantastic base for a large group exploring Ljubljana.
Here's the Breakdown:
Pros:
- The Terrace: Seriously, it's the star of the show.
- Size & Space: Easily handles a large group.
- Location: Central and walkable to everything.
- Cleanliness & Safety: They take it seriously.
- Wi-Fi: Reliable and free!
- Amenities: Packed with useful additions.
Cons:
- Accessibility: Could be tricky for some.
- Limited On-site Dining: You're on your own for immediate food.
- Minor Quirks: A few minor imperfections.
My Recommendation:
Book it! If you're traveling with a large group and want a memorable experience in Ljubljana, this apartment is a strong contender. Just be aware of the accessibility limitations.
Here's My Super Persuasive, Slightly Chaotic Booking Pitch:
Ljubljana's BEST Terrace Apartment: Sleeps 18! (Magnolia) - Where Memories are Made (and Wine is Drunk on a Stunning Terrace!)
Tired of cramped hotel rooms and awkward group dynamics? Yearning for a Ljubljana experience that's actually social, fun, and, honestly, pretty damn luxurious? Then ditch the hotel chains and book Ljubljana's BEST Terrace Apartment: Sleeps 18! (Magnolia) – a
Venice's Hidden Gem: Giulietta Residence Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a Ljubljana adventure, courtesy of the mythical Magnolia-terrace apartment and up to 18 (dear God, that's a lot!) of potential chaos. Here's my attempt at wrestling this into a schedule, but let's be honest, it’s gonna be about as structured as a tipsy accordion player:
Ljubljana, Slovenia: Magnolia Terrace Mayhem - A "Schedule" (more like a suggestion, really)
Day 1: Disembarkation and the Dream of Espresso
- Morning (Let's see…around 9am? If anyone's up): Arrival at Jože Pučnik Ljubljana Airport (LJU). Okay, first test: finding the rental van. Remember, we're herding cats, the metaphorical kind with suitcases. Expect delays. Expect someone to leave their passport in the duty-free shop (sigh).
- My Thought Bubbles: "Airport chaos. Always. Will the van even fit all of us, plus luggage? Did I remember to pack enough snacks for the inevitable meltdowns? Ah, the joys of group travel…"
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon (Whenever the last straggler finally shows up): Check-in at Magnolia Terrace. Fingers crossed the key situation is straightforward. Then, the holy grail: finding the coffee machine. Ljubljana, you better have good espresso. I need it.
- Anecdote: I remember once in Prague… oh wait, that's a story for later. Right now, priorities. Coffee.
- Afternoon: Exploring the immediate vicinity of the apartment. I'm thinking a gentle stroll to get the lay of the land – you know, find the nearest pekarna (bakery) for those crucial early afternoon pastries and maybe scope out a decent grocery store for emergency wine and cheese.
- Potential Disaster Scenario: Someone gets hangry. Someone else loses their phone. Someone tries to order a complicated cocktail in broken Slovenian. Hold me.
- Evening: Unpack, settle in. Then, a group dinner. This could go one of two ways: a harmonious culinary experience or a family feud over who gets the last potato. Pro-tip: order extra potatoes. Maybe a pizza to ease the pressure.
- Emotional Reaction: Excited apprehension. I’m excited! But 18 people? I have the feeling I’m going to need more wine.
Day 2: Dragon Bridges, River Cruises, and The Castle…Oh My!
- Morning: Okay, ambition time. Let's aim for a guided walking tour of Ljubljana's city center. We'll take a stroll along the Ljubljanica River, and soak in the architecture.
- Quirky Observation: The Dragon Bridge of Ljubljana. Those dragons, are quite something! I love them. They are supposed to guard the city, but they look like they're more interested in judging you for your outfit choices.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Dragon Bridge selfie time! Let's cross (carefully). Then it's on! Oh, we can explore the central market, and potentially acquire picnic supplies.
- Opinionated Language: The market is fantastic. Get it done!
- Afternoon: River Cruise! This is where we get to be lazy. We'll just admire the city from the water, and hopefully, everyone remembers to bring their cameras.
- Imperfection: We might get distracted and miss half of the commentary. Honestly, I think I will get distracted and miss the whole thing.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Head up to Ljubljana Castle via funicular - or, depending on the group's energy levels, we can walk. The views are incredible! I'll spend an age just standing there. Take pictures and stare at the views.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm really excited about the castle. I have been dreaming about it for weeks now.
- Evening: Dinner, again. This time, we'll try to get reservations at a restaurant with traditional Slovenian food. Expect klobasa and, hopefully, good beer. Or maybe we will just go back to the apartment and enjoy the leftovers.
- Messy Structure: We talked about this last night, but I completely forgot which restaurant we are going too. I will need to check.
Day 3: The Lake and The Caves, and The Caves Again…
- Morning: Day trip to Lake Bled! The iconic island with the church. We can rent a pletna boat (traditional wooden boat) to get to the island, ring the church bell for good luck, and explore.
- Rambling: I might, might, try to climb the castle on the cliff overlooking the lake. It sounds beautiful but I'm not sure if I have the energy.
- Afternoon: Vintgar Gorge! The waterfalls! The trails! The fresh mountain air! Get ready to channel your inner Instagrammer (or just enjoy the scenery).
- Anecdote: I once fell into a river on a similar hike. Let's try to avoid a repeat performance.
- Evening: Post-hike drinks, and dinner. Then, we go to Predjama Castle, which might be a bit of a drive, but the castle is built into a cave. It is very good.
- Stronger Emotional Reactions I just feel overwhelmed with how good the castle is. Really, I want to live there. I love caves!
- Late Evening: (If anyone is still awake) – Back to the apartment. Staring at the dragon bridge and the lights of the city.
- Messy Structure: I have heard that there is a late-night bar to go to too. We'll see.
Day 4: The Wine Regions and the Last Day…
- Morning: We're going to head out to Slovenia's wine region. We are going to do a wine tasting tour. I love wine. We will travel to a local winery. Slovenia has fantastic wine.
- Opinionated Language: I’m already dreaming of the wine. My favourite!
- Afternoon: We're going to head to the next winery. I am going to be drinking wine all afternoon.
- Emotional Reaction: I feel extremely happy.
- Evening: The last night. We might go out to eat. This depends on how much wine we have drunk.
- Rambling Oh, I need to go to buy some postcards. I completely forgot. I guess I'll do it now.
Day 5: Departure and Goodbye (Sobbing?)
- Morning: Sadly, it's time to pack up, clean up (hopefully), and head back to the airport. Final coffee run.
- Emotional Reaction: Already feeling the pangs of sadness. Ljubljana, you've been amazing. I will be back!
- Departure: The end! Until next time, Ljubljana!
Important Disclaimers:
- This is a suggestion, not a rigid schedule. Allow for spontaneity, and the occasional (inevitable) detour.
- Take snacks. Always and forever.
- Have fun! (Seriously, try to)
- Most importantly: Don't let me be the only one who gets to enjoy this adventure. Let the chaos begin!

Alright, Spill the Tea: Is this "Magnolia" place REALLY as massive as everyone says? Can 18 humans actually *live* there?
Okay, buckle up, because YES. Magnolia is basically a freaking mansion disguised as an apartment. I mean, 18 people? I initially scoffed. "Yeah, right," I thought. "Sounds like a frat house nightmare." BUT! Then I saw the pictures... and then I *lived* there.
It's not just the number of beds (and there are PLENTY). It's the *space*. We had three bathrooms, people! THREE! That alone is a game-changer when you've got a squad trying to shower before hitting the town. The living area? Huge. We had a dance party, and there was still room for, like, a small parade. Seriously, you could get lost in the hallway if you weren't paying attention. (True story: My mate, Dave, actually *did* get momentarily lost. He claimed he'd stumbled into Narnia. I'm not entirely convinced he was wrong.)
So, yes, 18 can *live* there. Though, let's be honest, "live" is a generous term. More like, "exist, party, and occasionally attempt to locate their socks." But hey, that's what holidays are for!
The Terrace! Is it as Instagrammable as it looks? I'm planning *the* shot.
Oh, the terrace! My god, the terrace. Okay, first, the *view* is insane. You're looking right out over Ljubljana, like a fairytale spread out before you. Picture this: sunrise, coffee in hand, with that gorgeous golden light hitting the castle… Yeah, Insta-worthy. *Definitely* insta-worthy.
But here's the *real* tea: it got a little crowded. We had 18 people, remember? And everyone wanted their own perfect photo. It became a bit of a contest, you know? The best view slot, the perfect pose... it was like a mini-Olympics of photography. Fun, in a chaotic sort of way. My advice? Get up early, or be prepared to fight for your spot! Just kidding (mostly). It’s big enough for everyone, even if the first morning was basically a selfie battleground. The view is *that* good.
Cleaning: Let's be realistic. Is there a cleaning service? Because I'm not about to spend my holiday scrubbing toilets after 18 people.
Okay, the cleaning situation. Listen, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. With 18 people, things get… messy. Quick. Toilets, sinks, general areas...it's a free-for-all of hair, crumbs, and questionable liquids. BUT! Yes, there is a cleaning service. Praise the Lord! They came in, I think, every few days to tidy up. That was a godsend. Honestly, it saved us from absolute chaos and a possible health hazard.
But here's the thing: even with the cleaning service, you still have to do *some* tidying. Like, basic stuff. Don't leave your pizza boxes festering. Wipe up your spills. Don't, for the love of all that is holy, leave your wet towels on the floor! (Looking at you, Gary!). So, yes, the cleaning service is good, but don't expect them to perform miracles. You’re still responsible for basic human decency.
The Kitchen: Does it actually have the stuff to cook a meal for 18? Or am I bringing my own industrial-sized pots and pans?
Right, the kitchen. Okay, it was… functional. But it wasn’t exactly a Michelin-star-restaurant-quality setup. There were enough pots, pans, and utensils to cook for 18, technically. But the hob was a bit slow, and the oven… well, let's just say it had a personality of its own.
We made a massive lasagna one night, which was epic, but it took *hours* to cook. We had to rotate the pans every 20 minutes to get everything evenly browned. It was a bonding experience, in a weird, sweaty, "are we *ever* going to eat?!" kind of way. So yes, you *can* cook, but plan for some extra time, maybe bring a bottle of patience and a good playlist! Remember, it’s about the fun, not the perfectly cooked coq au vin.
Location, Location, Location! Is it central? Easy to get around?
Ljubljana is a pretty walkable city, which is a massive plus. And, Magnolia's location? Spot on. Everything’s within easy reach. We walked everywhere – the market, the bars, the Triple Bridge, the castle... You name it. It's absolutely brilliant for exploring.
The only downside? There's a little bit of noise at night, because you're in a city, not a forest. But it's hardly awful, and nothing that earplugs can't fix. I slept like a baby, despite the occasional distant laughter from the kebab shop down the road. (And yes, the kebab was *amazing*). So, yeah, location = winning. Absolutely no complaints here!
What about the bedrooms? Are they all equally amazing? Or do you draw straws for the good ones?
Okay, so, the bedrooms…they were a bit of a mixed bag, honestly. Some were absolutely fantastic - spacious, with amazing views. Others were… well, let's just say they were better suited for those who didn't mind a slightly less glamorous experience. (I’m thinking of the two rooms at the back.)
Draw straws, definitely. Or, if you are not as assertive as the others, you might just end up in the one closest to the hallway. I ended up with a smaller one, but honestly, it didn't bother me. I wasn't in my room that much, anyway. The main thing is, there were plenty of beds, and everyone had their own space. Plus, the communal areas more than made up for any bedroom deficiencies. Just, you know, bring a sense of fairness (and possibly a bit of aggression) to the selection process. You've been warned!
Any hidden downsides? What's the catch? Because 18 people, luxury apartment... it sounds too good to be true.
Alright, the catch. There’s always a catch, right? And yeah, there were a few (minor) ones. Firstly, the elevator was a bit slow. If you were on the top floor, well, build up some patience for the next ride up.
Also, the fact that some of the bedrooms weren’t *quite* as luxurious as others. The internet was a bit patchy at times. And, well, with 18 people, you get 18 differentOcean View Inn

