M Hotel Meridon Beijing: Luxury Stay Near Tuanjiehu Subway!

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing: Luxury Stay Near Tuanjiehu Subway!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the M Hotel Meridon Beijing, specifically their promise of a "Luxury Stay Near Tuanjiehu Subway!" and, honey, I'm ready to spill the tea. Let's break this down, warts and all.

First Impressions & The Accessibility Hustle:

Okay, so the location is pretty slick. Right near the Tuanjiehu subway stop? Gold, pure gold. Beijing's sprawling, and that subway is your lifeline. Accessibility, though… well, let's just say I'm a bit of a clumsy one, so I am always looking for places that are easier to navigate. They say facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator. I'm assuming that means it's pretty good, but I'm going to need a clearer picture of that elevator situation later. And, most importantly, the route from the subway to the hotel… is that a gentle slope or a steep hike? Google Maps, you are my only friend (and sometimes, a liar).

My Room, My Kingdom (Or At Least, a Small Part of It):

The room itself? Pretty dang swanky. And, thankfully, it wasn't cramped. Air conditioning blasting, blackout curtains letting me sleep past noon (a true luxury!), and a ridiculously comfortable bed. They had everything you'd expect from a fancy hotel: robes, slippers, a mini-bar that I might have raided a bit much. Okay, a lot. I blame jet lag. There was free Wi-Fi, which worked like a charm (thank you, technology gods!), and a nice little desk area. Honestly, I spent a good chunk of my time glued to that wifi, working (sigh) and enjoying the aircon.

Internet - My Lifeline, My Weakness:

Speaking of wifi, it was free and fast in the rooms, a critical point for any modern traveler. The fact that they also offered Internet [LAN] is a nice touch, even if I never used it. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yes, please. I appreciate being able to check my Instagram without using all my data. Let's be real, the internet is both a blessing and a curse, but hey, it's a necessity these days!

Cleanliness and Safety – Gotta Feel Safe (Even When Slightly Paranoiac):

Alright, the COVID-19 stuff. They seemed to be taking it seriously. Constant hand sanitizer stations everywhere (my germaphobe heart sang!), staff masked up (a little less reassuring, to be honest – I want to see those smiles!), and they claim to use anti-viral cleaning products. Room sanitization opt-out? Good. I hate feeling like someone is cleaning the crap out of my stuff just because. Daily disinfection in common areas, and hand sanitizer everywhere - check, check. Knowing they did these things helped me relax more.

Food, Glorious Food (Or My Stomach's Adventures):

This is where things get interesting. Breakfast… Baffled. The buffet looked pretty standard with an "international cuisine" theme, BUT I am a sucker for some Asian cuisine at breakfast! The options looked great, but I wanted coffee NOW! (I ended up ordering room service one morning—definitely a highlight.) They had coffee/tea in the restaurant, and a coffee shop, which was a lifesaver. I might have had a few too many cappuccinos, but hey, who's counting?

Lunch and dinner were a mixed bag. There’s a restaurant that serves Asian and International dishes. The bar was actually pretty cool, and the poolside bar looked fantastic, though I didn’t get to experience it. They had a salad bar, which was a welcome sight after a few days of dumplings. Seriously, I could live on dumplings in Beijing, but my doctor would not approve. The snack bar was alright, I think.

My "Spa" Adventure: A Deep Dive

Okay, so, here's the real tea. The spa. “Spa/sauna” it says. Pools with view? Yes, please. I'd like the pool, spa, sauna and the steam room. So, I went in, expecting to be transported to some blissful dimension of pampering. I was craving a facial. My skin had been screaming from the Beijing pollution. I imagined a gentle scrub, a body wrap, the works!

I arrived and was greeted with a friendly face. The spa area was calm and beautiful. I booked myself in for a body scrub. The woman in the spa told me it was very popular. I was stoked. I took a deep breath and made my way to the treatment room. As soon as I got on the bed, I was instructed to roll over. "Okay, here we go!" I thought. I was scrubbed. and scrubbed. and scrubbed. I was scrubbed so hard, I think I lost a layer of skin. She. Did. Not. Hold. Back. And, yes, that skin came back, but… it was… an experience. A memorable one, to say the least. So the spa was good, but prepare to be SCRUBBED.

Things to Do / Ways to (Attempt to) Relax:

They had a fitness center, which I intended to use. But between the spa massacre and the allure of the mini-bar and, well, sightseeing, it never happened. There's a proper swimming pool, which, believe it or not, I also didn't get to! I'm judging myself. Maybe next time.

The Nitty Gritty: Services and Conveniences

The staff were generally helpful (even when I was being a total mess), and the check-in/check-out was relatively painless. They have all the usual amenities: daily housekeeping, laundry service, a concierge. The convenience store was helpful. There could be a long line for a taxi, but the concierge service worked well.

For the Kids (If You Have Them – Which I Don’t):

They claim to be family-friendly. They have kids facilities and babysitting service.

Getting Around: The Transportation Tango

Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service available? Double-check. The subway is your best friend, as previously mentioned! Car park – free of charge! Bless their hearts.

The Quirky Bits (Because Every Hotel Has Them):

  • I will tell you, they have essential condiments when there are none.
  • The lighting in the room was a little… clinical. Not exactly conducive to romance, unless you're into fluorescent lighting. Then, you're in luck.
  • One morning, I walked into the lobby and saw a group of people dressed in traditional Chinese clothing taking selfies. I don't know why, but that made me smile. Random cultural moments, I live for them.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Alright, the M Hotel Meridon Beijing is solid. It's not perfect, but it gets a lot right. The location is a HUGE win. The rooms are comfy, the internet reliable, and they seem to take hygiene seriously. Just… maybe approach that spa with caution (or a pre-emptive apology to your skin). Overall, if you want a decent, well-located hotel in Beijing, this is a perfectly good option.

M Hotel Meridon Beijing: The "Get Your Beijing On" Offer!

Tired of Generic Hotel Stays? Ready to experience Beijing with a touch of luxury, but also need to be aware of safety? Book your stay at the M Hotel Meridon Beijing now and unlock these exclusive perks:

  • Complimentary Upgrade: Book a standard room and get a free upgrade to a room with a superior view!
  • Early Check-In/ Late Check-Out: Maximize your exploration time!
  • Complimentary Spa Treatment: Yes, you heard me! (scrub not included, but you still can book yourself!)
  • Daily Breakfast Included: Fuel your adventures with a diverse breakfast buffet, including a "make-your-own-dumpling" station!

Why Book Now? Because Beijing is calling, and the M Hotel Meridon is the perfect base for your adventure. Book today and get ready for an unforgettable experience!

Unbelievable Chiayi Stay: Douhouse兜好民宿 Will Blow Your Mind!

Book Now

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously crafted travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered truth of me in Beijing, aiming for the M Hotel Meridon, and probably failing spectacularly. Let's see how this unfolds…

Beijing, or "The Great Wall and the Great Overwhelm" - A Hot Mess Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and the Art of "Lost in Translation"

  • Arrival @ Beijing International Airport (PEK) – Around 12:00 PM (Assuming I actually find the flight)

    • Expectation: Smooth landing, polite customs agent, a charming driver waiting with a sign. Maybe a flower lei? (I'm a dreamer, okay?)
    • Reality: Probably a mad dash through the airport, dodging selfie sticks and rogue luggage carts. Praying I understand the taxi driver, because my Mandarin is limited to "Ni hao" and "Wo bu dong." (I'll need to learn "Where's the dang WiFi?" ASAP.)
    • Observation: Everything is HUGE. The airport, the crowds, the potential for humiliation. I'm already feeling a little claustrophobic.
  • Transfer to M Hotel Meridon Beijing – Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station

    • Transportation: Taxi (if I find one), or the dreaded Airport Express train + Subway. Let's play the odds: I'll get lost.
    • Anticipation: The thought of navigating a Beijing subway makes my palms sweat. I'm pretty sure I'll get on the wrong train at some point.
    • Rambling thought: "Tuanjiehu" sounds vaguely like a Star Wars character. Maybe my inner space nerd will help me navigate? Probably not.
  • Check-in and Settle-in @ M Hotel Meridon (Ideally by 3:00 PM)

    • Immediate Concerns: Did I pack enough snacks? Are there any snacks nearby? Is the bed comfy? Will the air conditioning work? (It's Beijing in summer, people, it's a furnace.)
    • Anecdote: I once tried to check into a Parisian hotel after a 24-hour travel day, and accidentally showed the receptionist my passport photo upside down. I’m expecting similar levels of brain fog here.
    • Emotional Reaction: Relief, mixed with a healthy dose of paranoia. Is the room clean? Is there bedbug? Deep breaths.
  • Afternoon: Exploration of Sanlitun - The Pursuit of Noodles

    • Goal: Find AMAZING noodles. This is non-negotiable.
    • Quirky Observation: Sanlitun is supposed to be the hip, trendy area. I’m half expecting to see people wearing ironic t-shirts that say, "I <3 Noodles!"
    • Rambling (and slightly hysterical): I’ve seen pictures, and it’s all very…stylish. Will I fit in? Am I stylish? I'm wearing a travel-worn t-shirt. I'm screwed.
    • Action Plan: Wander, get lost (again), and beg for directions to a noodle joint. Bonus points if it’s a hole-in-the-wall place with no English menu. That’s where the real food is, right?
    • Emotional Reaction: Excitement! I'm picturing myself slurping delicious noodles. Also, slight nervousness about the potential for food poisoning.
  • Evening: Dinner in Sanlitun - Food Adventures

    • The Mission: Eat all the things! (Okay, not all. But a good effort.)
    • The Dilemma: Where to eat? Too much choice overwhelms me. 🤷‍♀️
    • The Plan (tentative): Stumble upon a dumpling place. I’m a sucker for dumplings. Stumble also onto a bar and maybe watch some drunk people attempting Karaoke.
    • Observation: How early do Beijing bars close? I’m hoping to experience some late-night neon and questionable decisions.
    • Emotional Reaction: Hunger, anticipation, and a mild fear of spicy food. (I have a sensitive stomach.)
    • Imperfection: I'll probably eat way too much and regret it in the morning. It's a guarantee.

Day 2: The Imposing Great Wall and the Great Tourist Trap

  • Morning: Breakfast scramble and early start

    • Breakfast:* The hotel's breakfast buffet… or perhaps a desperate search for a Western-style coffee and pastry (I need caffeine, people!).
    • The Plan: Wake up early (trying to, at least) and head straight for the Great Wall!
    • Imperfection: Might sleep through my alarm. Already mentally preparing for a slightly-too-late start.
  • Daytime: Great Wall (Badaling or Mutianyu)

    • Transportation: Tour bus (sigh). I know, I know, it's touristy. But I’m weak. Plus, not sure I trust my navigation skills and the subway system to get me there on my own.
    • Emotional Reaction: Overwhelmed and humbled. The Great Wall is going to be epic, right?
    • Quirky Observation: Will I be able to resist the urge to yell "I am the King of the World!"? Probably not.
    • Rambling (and a bit of a rant): Hoping there aren't too many other tourists. I love history. And I HATE crowds. It's a classic travel contradiction.
    • The Great Wall Experience (in Detail): Okay, here we go. This is the item. Let's talk about the Wall. The sun beat down. I was instantly sweating. The steps, or rather "stone staircases of doom," were uneven, worn smooth by a million feet. Imagine climbing a mountain, in a sauna, while simultaneously experiencing mild altitude sickness. That was the first hour. I walked. I gasped. I took a million photos because I have an addiction. I sweated some more. I cursed the heat and the crowds, both of which were relentless. I saw a kid throw up his noodles (sorry, kid). I bought a water bottle that cost more than my lunch. There were postcard vendors, tea sellers, and a guy dressed as a terracotta warrior. I got altitude-induced headaches, and my legs felt like jelly. And… …Then, I looked out at that unbelievable panorama. The undulating wall snaking across the mountains, disappearing into the hazy distance. And suddenly, all the sweat, the crowds, the petty annoyances, they melted away. It was breathtaking. It was truly, undeniably, awesome. For a few precious moments, I felt a connection to history, to the sheer audacity of human effort. It was a truly beautiful thing. This is why I travel. And then, I just walked back down, utterly knackered, vowing to never look at a stair again.
  • Afternoon/Evening: Return to Beijing, temple visit (if there's any energy left) and dinner

    • Potential Activities: Maybe explore a temple if I haven't collapsed. Maybe find a massage place.
    • The Struggle: My legs will feel like lead.
    • The Goal: Don't fall asleep at the dinner table.
    • Emotional Reaction: Exhaustion, but a vague sense of accomplishment (I conquered the Wall!). Also, a craving for something salty and a giant shower.

Day 3: Forbidden City and a Final Noodle Run (Or Crash and Burn Day)

  • Morning:

    • Breakfast: Reassess the hotel's breakfast. Maybe I can manage to try something new. Perhaps I’ll try some authentic Beijing street food, and likely give my stomach some stress.
    • The goal: Make it to the Forbidden City!
  • Forbidden City

    • The Approach: Walk to the main entrance, hoping I don’t get completely lost.
    • The Plan: Try to find a map and a quiet corner, as I attempt to understand a thousand years of imperial history.
    • The Experience: I’ve become desensitized to the crowds. The vastness of the Forbidden City is impressive, and I take notes.
    • Rambling (and a confession): I have a tendency to wander off and get distracted by everything. I hope I manage to remember what I saw!
    • Emotional Reaction: Wonder, a little fatigue. Trying not to think too much about the millions of visitors.
  • Lunch

    • The Search: Find a local restaurant for lunch
    • The Plan:* More noodles, or something equally as authentic and delicious.
  • Afternoon

    • The Plan: Visit the Temple of Heaven. That's if I have enough energy.
    • The reality: I just want to rest, and recover from the Great Wall.
    • The Dilemma: I'm starting to realize just how much I wanted to see everything. 😅
    • Emotional Reaction:
Uncover the Secrets of South Korea's Mystical Black Pearl: Gongju's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing: You HAVE to Know This (and Don't Judge Me)

So, is this place actually *luxurious*? Like, for real?

Okay, look, "luxury" is a slippery slope, isn't it? I'm currently wrestling with a lukewarm coffee in a paper cup, so my definition might be skewed. But, the M Hotel Meridon? Yeah, it leans in that direction. The lobby *oozes* money. Think chandeliers, marble, and enough staff to make you feel mildly guilty for asking for extra towels. They even offered me a welcome drink – a *proper* welcome drink, not some weird juice concoction. My room? Huge. And the bed! It's like sleeping on a cloud… except maybe a cloud that occasionally judges your travel wardrobe. (Kidding! Mostly.) Did I deserve it? Probably not. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely. Honestly though, I'm still not sure if some of the 'luxury' was lost on me. I'm not exactly a baller, I'm a "I can barely keep my plants alive" kind of person.

Is the location really as good as everyone says, close to the Tuanjiehu subway? Because I hate dragging suitcases.

Okay, let’s be brutally honest. Suitcases and subway stations should be mortal enemies. Any hotel that is a short walk from the subway is a gift from the travel gods. And the M Hotel Meridon? Yeah, it delivers. It's practically *touching* the Tuanjiehu station. Seriously, I timed it. Five minutes, tops. Even with my absolute *worst* sense of direction (which is truly legendary). No, wait, it was more like seven minutes, because I got distracted by a particularly shiny street vendor selling... something I couldn't understand. But the point is, it's close. Take that, luggage! I have to admit, I'm terrible at navigating public transit, so I was eternally grateful to the convenient distance to the station, it was a lifesaver.

The online reviews are a mixed bag, but the breakfast is a big deal, right? Should I even bother?

Breakfast. Oh, breakfast. It's the make-or-break moment, isn't it? And the reviews? Yeah, I've read them. Here's the truth: It's *good*. Like, really good. An absolute buffet of temptation. Everything you could possibly want. Noodles! Dim Sum! Pastries that are basically art! I swear I gained a kilo just *looking* at the spread. The problem? I have zero self-control. I piled my plate sky-high. Twice. Maybe three times. And then I had a small, existential crisis about the sheer amount of food I was consuming. But then a fresh-baked croissant caught my eye, and well… it was all downhill from there. Be warned. Bring your stretchy pants. And a forgiving conscience. And a big appetite, because if you skip this, you're missing out.

Okay, but what about the staff? Are they actually helpful and friendly? Or just... polite?

"Polite" is easy. "Helpful" is... variable. The staff at the M Hotel Meridon? Surprisingly, they are both. I'm talking genuine smiles, not the robot-face kind. I had some *minor* issues – let's just say I managed to lock myself out of my room (don't judge! jet lag is a beast). The staff were incredibly understanding, even when I was probably a complete and utter mess. They got me sorted out in minutes, with no fuss and, crucially, no side-eye. Also, I asked a *stupid* question about where to find a specific type of tea. And instead of rolling their eyes (which, honestly, I deserved), they went out of their way to point me in the right direction. They. Were. Aces. I even felt bad, that's how helpful they were. I think I still owe someone a Starbucks coffee.

Any major downsides? Like, what *really* annoyed you?

Alright, time for the grumpy old person section. There were a few things that niggled. First, the gym. It's there! But the equipment… well, let's just say it's seen better days. And the air conditioning in the hallways? A bit too industrial-strength for my liking. Really, it was like walking into a meat locker. I had to carry a cardigan around, like some geriatric fashionista. Also the prices in the mini-bar were... let's say, *aspirational*. I'm pretty sure a bottle of water cost the same as a small mortgage payment. So, yeah, the little things. Plus, and this is a BIG one, I was staying on a lower floor and it got really noisy in the morning, with the general hustle and bustle of the city. I'm a light sleeper, so bring earplugs, unless you enjoy the sounds of city life as much as I do.

Let's talk about the pool. Is it as glamorous as it looks in the pictures?

Okay, the pool. This needs its own section, because... *sigh*. The pictures? Yeah, they're stunning. Infinity edge, city views, the whole shebang. In reality? It's *fine*. Look, I'm a pool snob. I admit it. The water was a bit chilly, the sun loungers were already claimed by 8 AM (seriously, the towel-on-the-chair game is strong everywhere), and the "city views" were partially obscured by a particularly majestic air conditioning unit. But here's the real story: I spent a glorious afternoon there. I mean, first, I was trying to act like I knew how to do the proper poolside repose, but mostly I was just splashing around like a kid. I attempted to look glamorous, but it was really just me, slowly turning a shade of lobster from the Beijing sun. Okay, so the pool wasn't *perfect*. But I'd take that imperfect pool, the slightly chilly water, and the slightly obstructed views any day. Really, it was the only place I felt like I could take a moment to relax. So yes, it's worth it! Just manage your expectations. And maybe bring a warm towel. Also, I did see someone try to sneak a whole pizza onto a sun lounger. The staff were surprisingly chill about it. So, points for that.

Would you actually go back? Be honest!

Yep. Absolutely. Despite the minor quibbles, the slightly chilly pool, and my general inability to master the art of travel (seriously, I manage to lose my phone almost every time), I would absolutely go back. The convenience, the genuinely helpful staff, and that breakfast… It's a solid choice. Especially if you're like me and appreciate a bit of luxuryHotel Finder Reviews

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China

M Hotel Meridon Beijing - Sanlitun Tuanjiehu Subway Station Beijing China