Escape to Paradise: Bountiful Inn, Palawan Awaits!

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Bountiful Inn, Palawan Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my recent Palawan adventure at "Escape to Paradise: Bountiful Inn." Honestly? The name's a bit much. Paradise is a big ask, but hey, let’s see what this place is really about. This ain't your typical travel blog, folks. This is me, unfiltered, after a week of sun, sand, and a whole lotta questionable decisions. So, here goes…

Accessibility & Safety: The Real Deal (Maybe)

Okay, so first things first: Accessibility. Uh… they say they've got "Facilities for disabled guests." They say they've got an elevator. I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did see a few ramps, so that's a plus. The website doesn't go into super detail, which always makes me nervous. Maybe call ahead and grill them about it if accessibility is a MUST-HAVE.

On the cleanliness and safety front? They're trying. They’ve got the whole COVID spiel – anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, hand sanitizer everywhere. My lizard brain was still a little freaked out, to be honest. They also boast about rooms sanitized between stays, and staff trained in safety protocol. I saw cleaning happening a lot, and the staff did seem to be taking it seriously. First aid kit present, and a doctor/nurse on call (thank god, because I managed to walk face-first into a palm tree on day two).

They even have this weird thing called "Room sanitization opt-out available." Like, you can opt out of cleanliness? WTF? Honestly, I didn't bother. I needed all the sanitization I could get after the aforementioned palm tree incident and a questionable street food encounter.

Internet, Glorious, Possibly Spotty, Internet

Okay, internet. This is crucial, people. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Glorious! But… hold your horses. Internet [LAN] – huh? Who uses LAN anymore? Internet access – wireless – yes, thank you, finally! The Wi-Fi was… okay. Let's just say I wasn't streaming Netflix without some serious buffering. Wi-Fi in public areas – worked a bit better, but expect some dead zones. The Internet services themselves were fine, you know, for checking insta and whatnot.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax) – Let's Get Pampered (or Not)

Ah, the fun stuff! Swimming pool – yep, they have one. Swimming pool [outdoor]also yep. It was actually pretty nice, with that classic "infinity pool with a view" vibe. The Pool with view? Absolutely. You're in Palawan, people. The views are basically the point.

They've got the whole spa shebang: Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap. Did I use them? Okay, maybe. I did get a massage. It was… intense. The woman was tiny but had the strength of ten men. I swear she could have kneaded concrete. Worth it, though, after all that sun. Foot bath? I didn't try it. I was too busy trying to figure out how to order a cocktail.

They also have a Fitness center – I walked past it. Looked shiny. I walked back to the pool instead. Gym/fitness – yeah, they've got one. No judgment. (Okay, some judgment, but mostly self-directed.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food, Glorious Food (and Booze!)

Alright, the food. This is where things get interesting. They have Restaurants, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar. Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. Options, people! I love options.

Breakfast [buffet] – yes! Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. I did the buffet every morning. It was…what you’d expect. Some questionable sausages. But the freshly baked bread? Amazing. Breakfast service was on point. Coffee/tea in restaurant – yes, and it was strong, which I needed… frequently. Coffee/tea maker in the room? Praise be!

A la carte in restaurant – yep. Buffet in restaurant– yep, again! Bottle of water – supplied! Desserts in restaurant – yes. Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant – all there.

And the best part? The Bar. I spent some quality time there during Happy hour. The cocktails were strong, the staff were friendly, and the sunset? Unforgettable. Room service [24-hour] – yes, and I may or may not have ordered a pizza at 3 am. (Don't judge.)

Also they have a Vegetarian restaurant and provide Alternative meal arrangement.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things (That Matter)

Okay, this is where Bountiful Inn starts to shine. They just try.

  • Air conditioning in public area and Air conditioning in the rooms – essential.
  • Air conditioning is very good and efficient.
  • Airport transfer – yes! Thank god, because I had no idea how to get around.
  • Babysitting service - I can't tell you, I wasn't here with kids, but the option is present.
  • Cash withdrawal - yes, very handy.
  • Check-in/out [express] & [private] - I am a fan of the private check out!
  • Concierge, Daily housekeeping: They are definitely trying to keep you happy and comfortable.
  • Currency exchange.
  • Elevator.
  • Food delivery, Invoice provided, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safe deposit boxes.
  • Smoking area.
  • Taxi service, Valet parking.

For the Kids: Family Friendly (Or Not?)

They claim to be Family/child friendly. They have something called Kids facilities and a Babysitting service, plus Kids meal. I can't personally vouch for this since I was flying solo, but hey, good to know the options are there!

The Rooms: My Little Paradise (Or Not)

Okay, let’s talk rooms. Non-smoking rooms are a must, and they have them. My room, thankfully, was pretty clean. Air conditioning was a lifesaver. (Palawan is HOT, people.) Blackout curtains helped. Bed was comfy, and they had the standard stuff: Coffee/tea maker, Mini bar, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels.

Bathrobes and Slippers - you can find these in the hotel And the bathroom: Private bathroom, Separate shower/bathtub, Toiletries, Shower, Additional toilet.

The Annoying Little Details (Because Life Isn't Perfect)

There were minor imperfections, of course. Minor things to be careful of, although they did their best:

  • The Soundproof rooms were good, but you could still hear some noise from the hallway on occasion.
  • The Exterior corridor gave me very little privacy, but the privacy was never a problem.
  • The Alarm clock was a bit archaic.
  • Some minor problems I had were solved by the Front desk [24-hour].

The Verdict: Should You "Escape to Paradise?"

Okay, so, is "Escape to Paradise: Bountiful Inn, Palawan Awaits!" a true paradise? Nah, not exactly. But honestly, it's a solid choice.

My Unfiltered Recommendation:

You should absolutely book this hotel if:

  • You want a decent, clean, and well-located base in Palawan.
  • You enjoy a good massage (or need one after a particularly stressful year – hello, me!).
  • You value having options for food and drink.
  • You appreciate a strong cocktail and a killer sunset view.
  • You need a good internet connection and good services

My Target Audience:

  • Couples
  • People who are looking for a break, an escape
  • Groups of Friends

My Offer for You:

Book now and get a discount!

How:

Call now and get a 15% discount on your first stay! The earlier you book, the better the chances you will be satisfied.

Why:

Because everyone deserves a little escape, and this is a good place to do it!

The Bountiful Inn ain't perfect, but it gets a solid "thumbs up" from this slightly sunburnt, slightly hungover, and thoroughly satisfied traveler. Now, go book that trip!

Luxury Estanplaza Funchal: São Paulo's Hidden Gem Revealed!

Book Now

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Alright, Buckle Up Buttercups, Because This Isn't Your Grandma's Posh Itinerary. This is Palawan, Baby! And we're about to get gloriously, wonderfully messy. This is my shot at Bountiful Inn, Palawan. Let's see if it actually is bountiful – or just bountiful in mosquito bites.

Day 1: Arrival - Land, Sea, and… Laundry? Oh, Lord.

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Ugh. Pre-dawn flight. Who thought that was a good idea? Cramped seat, dry peanuts (seriously, airlines, up your snack game), and the eternal gamble of whether the person next to you will spend the flight attempting interpretive dance in their sleep. Arrived in Puerto Princesa. Sun already blazing, despite the ungodly hour. Passport stamp: check. Wallet: still present (a small victory).
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The airport chaos. Somehow navigated the taxi gauntlet without getting scammed into paying a month's rent for a 10-minute ride. Found a driver, finally. Smelly air, the driver was very friendly.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): The "Bountiful Inn Shuttle": The first taste of island time: slow moving. Traffic was minimal, but the road was a rollercoaster ride. The views? Stunning. Like someone threw a rainbow at the ocean and said, "Here, you go, Palawan."
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Checked into Bountiful Inn. Place is charming, but a bit…simple. Okay, it's rustic. I'm pretty sure the air conditioner is older than I am. Room: clean-ish? Definitely smelled of sunshine and something else I can't quite put my finger on. (Hopefully not mildew.)
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): First meal! Managed to find a small restaurant nearby. Trying the local fare: "Chicken Inasal." Spicy, flavorful, and about to make me regret not packing more Imodium. (Just kidding… mostly.) The rice was perfect, though. Fluffy, like a cloud you can eat.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Nap time. It was hot. The pillow was a little too… firm. Woke up drenched in sweat, but hey, I'm on vacation!
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Laundry! Did my first laundry here.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel. It turned out to be a Filipino version of a pub grub: Beer and some fried chicken.
  • Evening (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Strolling the beach. The sand was between my toes. The water was a gentle, warm embrace. Saw a few beautiful sunsets. This is what I came for. The stars popped out like someone lit a million tiny candles. Felt a profound sense of calm. The only problem was the annoying mosquitoes. I swear, they're out to get me.

Day 2: Island Hopping - Paradise Found (and Maybe Regretted?)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Breakfast at the Inn. Simple but filling. The coffee? Weak. The banana? Perfect. The anticipation for the day's island-hopping adventure? High. I'd read reviews: clear waters, hidden lagoons, and Instagram-worthy photo ops abound!
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Picked up by the boat. The other tourists – bless ‘em – mostly seemed nice. One guy wore a shirt that said, "Professional Traveler," which immediately made me question the validity of his Instagram account. But, ok.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Island-hopping. First stop: "Secret Beach." The photos don't lie. Turquoise water, powdery sand, towering limestone cliffs. It was breathtaking. Took a million photos (yes, I'm that person). Snorkeled around a coral reef. Saw a sea turtle! Nearly drowned because I got so excited.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Grilled fish on a beach. Fresh, delicious, and eaten while feeling the sun on my face and the sand in my toes. Life is good.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Second stop: "Hidden Lagoon." Now, this is where things get interesting. Had to swim through a narrow cave opening to get inside. Felt a flash of panic. Claustrophobia, anyone? Eventually, I made it. The lagoon was incredible. Like a secret world. Then, on the way out, I banged my head on a rock!
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Back in the boat. Exhausted, sun-kissed, and slightly salt-encrusted. Chatting with other people. A German couple were comparing camera models. An older woman told me about her life.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Dinner was back at the inn. I just wanted a shower and my bed.
  • Evening (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Stargazing. The sky was a masterpiece dotted with a million tiny diamonds, each one a distant sun.

Day 3: Underground River - Darkness and Delight

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): The underground river trip. Another early start. I was starting to get used to it.
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The road to the underground river was winding through the jungle. The scenery was spectacular.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The underground river. Honestly, I'd seen the pictures, read the reviews, expected amazing things, but the reality was even more stunning. The water was dark and mysterious, the rock formations breathtaking. The boat guide was a mix of informative and funny. He pointed out stalactites and stalagmites (yes, I now know the difference). The darkness was a unique experience. I could hear the sounds of bats and small animals.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Chicken and rice. Simple picnic lunch.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): A walk with a view and a hike.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Back to the inn.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Dinner.
  • Evening (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Trying to sleep, with the sounds of the Inn.

Day 4: Farewell Palawan - A Bittersw-Ugh…

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Breakfast, packing, reminiscing.
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The driver.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 PM): Airport.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): The plane.
  • Evening (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Home.

Notes and Musings:

  • Bring bug spray. Lots of it. They're relentless.
  • The weather is hot. Hydrate. Drink lots of water.
  • Embrace the "island time." Things move slowly. Relax.
  • The people are kind. Smile. Say "Salamat."
  • Don’t be afraid to be a tourist.
  • Bountiful Inn: Not five-star, but with location it is alright.
  • Overall reaction: Palawan is a paradise. The kind of place that gets under your skin, and leaves you longing for more.
  • I have to admit. I actually love this place.

This is my Palawan adventure! The imperfect, the messy, and the memorably human. I’ll keep the memories close. Now, let's plan the next trip!

**Unbelievable Fuji Views: Book Your Dream Stay at MOON GLOW Villa!**

Book Now

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Bountiful Inn, Palawan - Frequently (and Frequently Asked) Questions!

Okay, Seriously, Is Palawan *Really* Paradise? Or Just Instagram Paradise?

Alright, let's be brutally honest. The photos? Yeah, they’re *real*. The water? Crystal clear. The beaches? White sand so fine it feels like walking on flour. But... *gestures vaguely* ... it's not all sunshine and rainbows, okay? You gotta embrace the… *Palawan-ness* of it all. It's paradise, but with a healthy dose of "island time" (which, let's be honest, sometimes means "slow as molasses"). And the Wi-Fi? HAH! Let's just say you'll become an expert at staring lovingly into the ocean while your texts stubbornly fail to send. My first day, I spent a blissful hour trying to upload a blurry picture of a sunset. Didn't happen. And the mosquito bites? Brutal. Bring repellant. Seriously. Bring the industrial strength kind. But ultimately? Yeah, it's pretty damn close to heaven. Just... be prepared to earn it.

The Rooms: Are They Actually "Bountiful?" Or Just Small and… Moist?

Okay, I'm going to level with you. “Bountiful” is a *bit* of a stretch. They’re not palatial suites, alright? Think charming… and maybe a little… *cozy*. I sprung for the "Honeymoon Suite"... which, let's just say, my honeymoon photos now look like they were taken in a slightly-larger-than-average walk-in closet. But honestly? I loved it! The balcony overlooked the jungle, the bed was comfy, and the aircon, bless its little energy-sucking heart, worked like a dream. (That humidity, though… prepare for all your clothes to feel… well, slightly damp. Embrace the dampness! It's part of the charm, *sort of*.) The bathroom sometimes ran out of hot water, but frankly, after a day of snorkeling, a cold shower felt fantastic.

Food, Glorious Food: What's the Grub Like? Will I Survive on Adobo and Rice?

Okay, food is *crucial*. And the food at Bountiful Inn? Pretty darn good, especially considering you're marooned on a tropical island. Breakfast is included, and it's a solid spread – eggs, toast, fruit (OMG, the mango!), and something vaguely resembling coffee. Don't expect Michelin-star dining, but you absolutely won't starve. They've got a decent menu for lunch and dinner with local favorites, and I highly recommend trying their grilled seafood. It's fresh, flavorful, and even the ants are drawn to it, which, I guess is a good sign! Okay, the first time I ate something that looked a *little* suspicious, but a local assured me it was all-natural... and I lived! (I think.) Just pace yourself. Don’t eat *everything* all at once (I may or may not have done this initially and regretted it). My advice: Embrace the adobo, the rice, and the occasional adventurous dish. You’ll be fine. Just... maybe pack some Pepto-Bismol, just in case. You know.

Activities! What Can I *Actually* Do Besides Lie on a Beach (Which, Let's Be Honest, is the Goal)?

Lying on the beach is a perfectly acceptable activity. In fact, I strongly encourage it. But! If you're the type who gets antsy, fear not. The Bountiful Inn can arrange all sorts of tours. Island hopping is a MUST. Imagine turquoise water, hidden lagoons, and snorkeling with fish so colorful they look like they escaped from a child's coloring book. Just be prepared to share the boat with… other people. And possibly questionable karaoke on the return journey. This one time, I ended up on a boat with a guy who insisted on singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' while wearing a snorkel. It was... an experience. Embrace it! Or, you know, bring earplugs. Then there's kayaking, diving, and exploring the jungle (wear long sleeves for this one, the bugs are relentless!). Seriously, there's something for everyone. Except maybe people who hate anything remotely adventurous. For those folks, there's always the… beach.

Getting There and Getting Around: Is it a Nightmare or a Dream? (Or Something in Between?)

Getting to Palawan is a bit of a process. First, you've got to get to the Philippines. Then, you'll be flying to El Nido or Puerto Princesa. From there, it's a road trip (or boat trip) to Bountiful Inn. It can be a bit of a journey but, trust me, the anticipation builds the excitement. The drive in a van, depending on the route, can be… interesting. Some people loved the scenery. Me? I almost lost my lunch on the winding, bumpy roads. The driver was a champ though, expertly navigating hairpin turns with the grace of a seasoned race car driver. Pack motion sickness pills, just in case. Once you get there, you'll be rewarded with utter tranquility. And maybe... a nap. You'll deserve it.

The Staff: Are They Actually Friendly? Or Just Pretending For Tips?

Honestly? The staff at Bountiful Inn are the real deal. They aren't just *friendly*; they're genuinely *nice*. They remember your name, they go out of their way to help, and they always greet you with a smile that seems completely genuine. Now, I'm not saying they're *perfect* saints. Sometimes, the service is a little slow (again, "island time!"), but it's never because they're not trying. The best thing I can say is it feels like you're visiting a relative, albeit one who cleans your room and brings you mango juice. They're the kind of people you’d happily share a beer with (which, by the way, they *do* offer). I once tried to clumsily learn a few Tagalog phrases, and one of the staff members, bless her heart, laughed WITH me and helped me pronounce everything (which, let's be honest, was a lost cause). It feels like a family run affair and everyone is genuinely happy to be there (except maybe for the poor chap who had to deal with my attempts at karaoke after a few too many rum punchesHotel Deals Search

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines

Bountiful Inn Palawan Philippines