
Marrakech's BEST Chocolate Haven: Indulge at Riad Chocolat!
Marrakech's BEST Chocolate Haven: Riad Chocolat - Where Sweet Dreams Come True (and Are Smudged with Chocolate!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups and chocoholics, because I’m about to spill the beans (or should I say, the cocoa nibs?) on the place to be in Marrakech: Riad Chocolat! Forget the souks for a sec, ditch the Djemaa el-Fna madness (though, let's be real, you'll still go there), and prepare to enter a world of pure, unadulterated chocolate bliss. This isn't just a stay; it’s an experience. And honestly, I'm still recovering… in the best possible way.
First, the Important Stuff (Because We're Grown-Ups… Mostly): Accessibility & Safety – The Foundation of a Great Stay
Okay, okay, before we dive headfirst into the fudge fountain, let's talk about what actually matters: safety. And Riad Chocolat scores serious points here. They've got the whole shebang – First Aid Kit, Doctor/nurse on call (thank goodness!), 24-hour Security, Fire extinguishers, Smoke alarms, CCTV everywhere you look (inside and out), CCTV outside the property too. Like, they REALLY care. This alone is a massive comfort, especially in a new country.
Regarding Accessibility: I'm not an expert, but they do mention Facilities for disabled guests and a Wheelchair-accessible pathway, which is fantastic. I'd recommend contacting them directly to confirm specific details if accessibility is a primary concern – but the fact that they mention it at all is a HUGE win.
Then there's the post-Covid stuff, and let me tell you, they are serious. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere (thank you, angels!), Rooms sanitized between stays (essential!), Staff trained in safety protocols, and physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They even offer Room sanitization opt-out available – talk about choice! They've got the cashless payment service down pat as well, so no fumbling for dirhams while wrestling with a chocolate eclair. They are also Hygiene certified.
Important note: They remove shared stationery to maximize sanitation.
Internet, Because We Live in the 21st Century (and Need Insta-Bragging Rights)
Alright, let's get real. You’re going to be in Marrakech. You're going to take a lot of pictures. You need to show off your tan, your kaftan, and your chocolate-smeared face. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Boom. Internet Access, Internet, Internet [LAN] – yep, the whole shebang. Pretty good, even if my Instagram stories were sometimes a little… laggy (damn those medina walls!). Wi-Fi in public areas… not as good as the in-room connection, but it gives you a taste of the world. The Wi-Fi for special events is a good add on!
Rooms: Because You'll Actually Live There (and They're Gorgeous)
Okay, let's get to the good stuff. Your actual home away from home. The rooms are… magical. Think plush, think stylish, think "I don't want to leave". And believe me, I didn't.
- Air conditioning: Crucial. Seriously. You're in Marrakech. It's going to be hot.
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box: All the basics, and they all work!
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Good for families(with kids!).
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator: Everything you could need.
- Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: These are small things, but they add up to a super pleasant experience.
- Room decorations: Yeah, they make you feel more welcome.
Food, Glorious, Chocolate-Laden Food! (And Other Important Nom-Noms)
This is where Riad Chocolat truly shines. If you’re looking for a place to eat… this place does it right.
- A la carte in restaurant: For those days you're feeling fancy.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Dietary restrictions? No problem.
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, I'm not going to lie, I ate everything.
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: Useful if you want a lazy start.
- Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Important.
My Story: The Chocolate Rupture (and Why You NEED That Massage)
I went full “chocolate tourist.” I needed to see it all! The desserts in restaurant were… well, let’s just say I may have ordered the chocolate lava cake every single night. NO REGRETS! The happy hour felt like a blessing after a day spent haggling in the souks. I loved the poolside bar, because you have to eat and drink by the pool. The Asian breakfast felt perfect for my first stay, and I was glad to have the Vegetarian restaurant.
And because I overdid it on the chocolate (it's a real hazard, people!), I treated myself to a spa day (or two). The massage was heavenly. Seriously, I think I drifted off to a chocolate-induced coma. The Body scrub was also perfect, and the Foot bath was exactly what I needed after navigating the cobblestone streets all day. I mean, it's a Spa/sauna! They also have a Steamroom, Sauna, and Pool with view.
Things to Do (Besides Eating Your Weight in Chocolate)
Okay, fine, you might want to occasionally leave the chocolate haven. Riad Chocolat has you covered. Well, kinda. They're not exactly a theme park, but they provide a solid foundation for exploration.
- Concierge: Super helpful. They can book tours, recommend restaurants, and basically get you out of any sticky situation (like the one I got into trying to barter for a rug…).
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Easy access to Marrakech.
- Food delivery: For those lazy days.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Buy some gifts.
- Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Practical and essential!
The Missing Bits (and Why They Don't Matter That Much)
Okay, the gym? I didn’t use it. Did I see the Gym/fitness? Sure, but my fitness regimen involved a lot of walking to the restaurant and the pool. Sorry, fitness fanatics! I never went to the Fitness center either.
For the Kids and Babesitter Services, Family/child friendly, Kids meal, you can bring them, just ask.
The Verdict: Book It. Seriously. Right Now.
Riad Chocolat isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a chocolate-fueled, stress-melting, memory-making escape. It's got everything you need, from the essentials to the indulgent extras. And honestly? I'm already planning my return. Marrakech is amazing, but Riad Chocolat… Riad Chocolat is pure magic.
Now, for the pitch! (Because I want you to go there, too!)
Tired of the Same Old Getaway? Craving Chocolate? Book Your Escape to Riad Chocolat Today!
Here's what you get:
- Luxury Accommodation: Gorgeous rooms, all the amenities you could dream of.
- Chocolate Nirvana: Seriously. They take chocolate very seriously.
- Relaxation & Rejuvenation: Spa treatments, a stunning pool, and the chance to truly unwind.
- Safety & Security: Peace of mind, so you can focus on enjoying yourself.
- Deliciousness, Everywhere: Seriously, the food. The drinks. The everything.
- Book Now for Exclusive Perks
- **Don't miss out on the sweetest escape of your life

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Riad Chocolat Marrakech adventure. Forget your pristine itineraries; this is the messy, glorious truth. (And apologies in advance for the inevitable tangents. Blame the mint tea.)
Riad Chocolat: My Marrakech Melt-Down (in the Best Way Possible)
Day 1: Arrival & A Thousand Doors (and One Panic Attack)
- Morning (ish): Arrive in Marrakech. The airport? Chaos. Glorious, overwhelming, delicious chaos. The air hums with a thousand things – car horns, the smell of spices, the insistent calls of "Taxi! Taxi!" Seriously, how do they know you're a tourist that fast? Found the pre-booked transfer (thank god, I'm already melting), and we're off!
- Mid-Morning: The drive to the Medina. My first thought? "We're going to die." The traffic is insane. Motorbikes weave through everything. I’m clinging to the seat, muttering prayers to anyone listening.
- Late Morning: FINALLY at the Riad Chocolat. The entrance is… unassuming. Just a wooden door. But then… BAM! Inner courtyard. Paradise. The Riad’s manager, a man who looks like he could have stepped out of a storybook, offers dates and mint tea. Breathe. Just breathe. This is what I needed.
- Early Afternoon: After settling in, the staff lead me to my room, which is much better than the small lobby. The room is beautiful The smell is exquisite!
- Afternoon: First attempt to navigate the Medina. I get about five feet before I'm completely and utterly lost. And then I start to panic. Streets are narrow, winding alleyways. Then and there, my stomach starts to roll. I was surrounded by unfamiliar faces.
- Late Afternoon: Eventually get my bearings. And stumble upon Jemaa el-Fna square. This square is like a circus exploded. Snake charmers, storytellers, juice vendors, and the smell of grilling meat hitting you from every angle. It's insane, but somehow… captivating. I grab a freshly squeezed orange juice… heavenly.
- Evening: Dinner at a rooftop restaurant overlooking the square. The food is delicious (tagine!), but the heat is still doing a number on me. The atmosphere is something else.
- Night: Trying to sleep, but the call to prayer started at like 5:00 AM.
Day 2: Sensory Overload & Hammam Trauma (in the Best Way… Probably)
- Morning: Breakfast on the riad's rooftop terrace. Fresh bread, honey, yogurt, the works. Seriously, the breakfast is the highlight so far. This is what I needed.
- Mid-Morning: A guided tour of the souks (markets). Okay, this is where things get REALLY interesting. I'm in the middle of one of the souks. The guide is trying to show me different things. I can’t keep up. Everyone. Is. Trying. To. Sell. Me. Something. We're talking everything. Leather goods, spices, carpets, lamps… my wallet is screaming, but my senses are in overdrive.
- Late Morning: The inevitable bargaining. My haggling skills are… nonexistent. I offer a comically low price on a lamp. The merchant gives me a withering look and a lecture. Then he laughs and gives me a better price!
- Afternoon: The Hammam. This. Was. Intense. I opt for the traditional experience, which involves, well… everything. The first thing they do is strip you down. Then they scrub you raw with a rough glove (kessa). I'm pretty sure my entire top layer of skin is now on the floor. Followed by a mint-infused massage. And then they wash your hair. It's deeply weird, but also strangely empowering.
- Late Afternoon: Find a quiet cafe and drink mint tea. The best mint tea in the world.
- Evening: The riad's staff set up a candle-lit dinner. The food is good. The atmosphere is lovely.
- Night: Sleep. Finally.
Day 3: The Majorelle Garden & a Camel Ride That Almost Broke Me
- Morning: Visit the Majorelle Garden. The colors! The plants! Yves Saint Laurent was onto something. It’s a truly beautiful and peaceful escape from the chaos outside.
- Late Morning: It's time for my camel ride in the Palmeraie. I get buckled into this thing as the camel grunts. I was told I wouldn’t fall off… I was told wrong.
- Afternoon: The camel ride was a disaster. Or, well, part of it was. The actual ride felt like an eternity. After about thirty seconds, I already wished I had died.
- Late Afternoon: Back at the Riad. A quick nap.
- Evening: Another amazing dinner at a place that has a show. Belly dancing. Fire tricks. The works.
- Night: Packing and the start of the bittersweet goodbyes.
Day 4: Departure & the Promise to Return (Maybe?)
- Morning: Another heavenly breakfast. Farewell hugs and promises to return.
- Late Morning: Last-minute souvenir shopping (more bargaining!).
- Afternoon: Airport. Security. The familiar dread of leaving.
- Evening: Plane takes off. Looking back, I loved every minute of this trip. Though I’m still not sure, but the hammock definitely played a huge part.
Quirky Observations & Ramblings:
- Moroccan men are very good-looking. Just saying.
- The cats in Marrakech are living the dream. They're everywhere, basking in the sun, dodging motorbikes.
- I’m pretty sure I spoke zero Arabic, yet somehow managed to communicate (mostly) by pointing and gesturing.
- I still have no idea what “shukran” actually means. (It means thank you!)
- I think I’m addicted to mint tea now. Send help, and more tea.
- The heat is relentless. But it’s also beautiful.
Final Thoughts:
Marrakech is messy. It's overwhelming. It's chaotic. But it's also utterly, completely, and irrevocably amazing. It challenges you, frustrates you, and then somehow, manages to steal your heart. And yes, I will be back. (Maybe with better haggling skills next time.) This trip was not perfect, but it was real. And that's exactly what I needed.
Galveston's BEST View: Pointe of View's Unbelievable Panorama!
Riad Chocolat: The Real Deal (And My Chocolate-Fueled Breakdown)
So, is Riad Chocolat *actually* the best chocolate in Marrakech? Like, seriously?
Okay, deep breath. The hype is real. I’ve eaten my weight in dubious tourist-trap "chocolate" in Marrakech, and after a whole *other* chocolate experience (we'll get to that), Riad Chocolat is the freaking promised land. It's not just *good*, it's strategically melt-in-your-mouth *amazing*. Think rich, decadent ganaches that whisper secrets of the medina, and praline so finely done it makes you question all your previous life choices. Seriously, I almost wept. In public.
Where *exactly* is this chocolate utopia located? I'm already lost, and I'm still at the airport.
Right, navigating Marrakech is a contact sport. Riad Chocolat (it's technically a riad, so think gorgeous traditional house) is in the Medina, and getting there involves a thrilling dance of scooters, donkey carts, and intense negotiations with anyone who might have a map. My advice? Download a GPS app, learn a few basic Arabic phrases (like "shukran" – thank you – you'll need it!), and embrace the glorious chaos. If all goes sideways, find a kid, flash them a smile, and ask for help – they *usually* know the way. Failing that, just ask anyone "Riad Chocolat?" and point vaguely in the direction you *think* you're going. After you are there, prepare for an experience of utter bliss.
What kind of chocolate delights are we talking about? What's the damage to the wallet?
Everything! Truffles bursting with exotic flavors, ganaches that sing, and even a hot chocolate that'll make your eyes roll back in your head in pure ecstasy. They have classic milk and dark chocolate, but also some mind-blowing local flavor combinations. Think dates, spices, maybe even a hint of orange blossom. The prices *are* higher than, say, buying a Snickers bar from a street vendor, but trust me, it's worth it. The quality is impeccable. Like, you’re essentially paying for an artisan chocolate-making masterclass that also tastes divine. Think a small box of chocolates might set you back a decent amount, but it's cheaper than therapy – and possibly more effective.
Okay, I'm sold. But is it a romantic date spot, or can I just gorge myself solo? Because let's be real...
Both! It’s *perfect* for a romantic date. Imagine cozy corners, flickering lanterns, and the sweet smell of chocolate filling the air. But, and here’s the truth bomb: I went solo. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not going to lie. I ate so much chocolate I was probably slightly ill afterward from sheer chocolate overload. It's a judgement-free zone. No one will bat an eye if you order a whole tray to yourself (and you absolutely should, by the way), or if you spend an hour lost in a chocolate coma. I even saw some couples sharing a tray. I wish I had had someone there to share my chocolate experience with, but in the end, all I needed was myself and that chocolate. I'm telling you, it's a deeply personal, transformative experience.
What's the service like? Are the staff just as sweet as the chocolate?
Generally, yes. The staff were genuinely friendly and knowledgeable, always smiling. Expect a warm welcome and a willingness to help you navigate the menu (which, for a chocolate fanatic, can be the toughest part). They know their stuff, and they’re passionate about the chocolate. I tried to ask some questions about the chocolate-making process, but I'm pretty sure I was drooling so much I think it was incomprehensible. They still were kind and kept going.
Any downsides? Anything I should know *before* I go?
Okay, let's be real for a second. Marrakech is hot. And chocolate melts. Bring napkins. Lots of napkins. Also, don't be surprised if you end up buying a large quantity of chocolate to bring home. It's inevitable. And be prepared to crave it constantly after you leave. Seriously, I'm writing this from my office, and I'm already mentally planning my return trip. The other thing – space in your suitcase. Because you'll want to buy everything. I had to leave a few things behind because my suitcase was full of chocolate. Worth it? Absolutely.
Riad Chocolat vs. Other Chocolate Shops? Please compare and contrast. (I need to know for... research.)
Ugh. This is where it gets messy. I tried *another* "highly recommended" chocolate shop before Riad Chocolat. Let's just say it involved... a lot of overpriced, underwhelming chocolate and a serious case of buyer's remorse. The chocolate wasn't bad, not in the slightest, but it just wasn't *magical*. It didn't make me want to build a shrine to cocoa. Riad Chocolat just had a finesse. Everything was more balanced, the flavors exploded in your mouth, the textures perfectly played off each other. The service was nicer. The atmosphere, far more relaxing. There's just zero comparison. Riad Chocolat's a symphony; the others, a kid's piano recital. There is no better in Marrakech.
Should I go? Is it worth the hype?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Absolutely. Go. Now. Bring a friend. Or don't, and keep all the chocolate for yourself. Either way, your taste buds (and soul) will thank you. Seriously, if you like chocolate even a little bit, you owe it to yourself to experience Riad Chocolat. It’s not just about the chocolate; it’s about the experience. About the tiny little things, like the way the light hits the chocolate, but the sheer quality of the chocolate. It's perfection.
Okay, final question: What's your biggest takeaway?
Aside from the fact that I now question my relationship with every chocolate bar I've ever eaten? That sometimes, the simplest things in life – a perfectly made truffle, a moment of quiet indulgence – are the most profoundly satisfying. Also, pack extra napkins. And maybe a therapist, because you *will* miss Riad Chocolat. I *really* miss the chocolate.

