
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: HANZ Kieu Anh Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!
HANZ Kieu Anh Hotel: My Chaotic, Delightful, And Surprisingly Luxurious Hanoi Heist (In a Good Way!) - A Review (and Honest Confession)
Okay, so I hate writing reviews. Seriously. But after my stay at HANZ Kieu Anh Hotel in Hanoi, I feel… compelled. Like, possessed by a tiny, fluffy, very polite Vietnamese ghost who whispers, "You must share the secrets!" So, here goes. Prepare for a gloriously messy, brutally honest, and utterly opinionated take on what they’re calling a "hidden gem." Spoiler alert: they’re right.
First and foremost, let’s talk about getting there and getting around. I'm not one for logistical details, mostly because I’m always lost. But HANZ Kieu Anh gets a HUGE thumbs up for… well, everything! They have airport transfer which is a LIFE SAVER. I arrived bleary-eyed and jet-lagged, and before I knew it, I was whisked away in a cool, air-conditioned car. Bonus points for the driver who expertly navigated Hanoi's chaotic traffic without giving me a single heart attack. And the taxi service is readily available too, so you're never stuck. Plus, car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site] – important if you're, you know, not me and actually drive.
Accessibility? I’m thankfully mobile, but I always pay attention to this. HANZ Kieu Anh is dedicated to the experience of all guests, and I saw facilities for disabled guests, or in the hotel’s elegant language, they have the capacity to enable a more enjoyable experience for guests of all abilities!
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (with a few hiccups)
My room? Oh, my ROOM. Seriously, it was like stepping into a magazine. Let’s be honest, I'm not one for the luxurious life, but this was something else! The air conditioning was a blessed relief from the Hanoi humidity. And those blackout curtains? Pure magic. They basically became my personal time-control device, allowing me to sleep until noon every single day. (Hey, I was on vacation!)
Now, the stuff that really matters:
- Air conditioning: Essential. Hanoi is hot!
- Free Wi-Fi: Naturally, this is a must, but I love that it's free in all rooms.
- Bathroom: Big ticks for additional toilet. Huge ticks for the separate shower/bathtub. Me? I don't mind a separate shower. I like to dance in my hotel rooms.
- Bed: Extremely comfy, and a extra long bed!
- Room decorations: Beautiful! (More on that later.)
- Safe box: Always appreciate this!
Internet Access? (And My Wi-Fi Obsession)
Look, I'm addicted to the internet. Shameful, I know. Thankfully, Wi-Fi [free] inside the room and in public areas! Because let's face it, I NEED to check emails while I'm lounging in the pool!
The Food: A Culinary Adventure (with one questionable noodle incident)
The breakfast [buffet] was where the magic happened. Seriously, I'm not a morning person, but I woke up excited for the food. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, international cuisine in restaurant…the options were endless! I loaded up on fresh fruit (because, health!), then proceeded to demolish a plate of (highly recommended) croissants. The coffee/tea in restaurant was always flowing, which is crucial because I'm perpetually thirsty.
Anecdote time: One day, I bravely ordered a noodle soup. I'm normally a salad aficionado (see: fruit above!) and found that it was a bit… chewy. Let's just say I was not a fan. Alternative meal arrangement will come in handy.
And the Restaurant: Where I Became a Regular
There's something about the HANZ Kieu Anh's dining experience. The food is exquisite, and the service is impeccable. The team is very knowledgeable and eager to assist with every request.
Things to do:
- Pool with view: The outdoor pool is stunning! You can relax, drink, and enjoy your stay.
- Spa: A heavenly massage!
- Gym/fitness: I did not use, but I could have!
Cleanliness and Safety: Because, Pandemic Realities
Okay, this is where HANZ Kieu Anh shines. They take cleanliness and safety seriously. I felt completely safe and cared for.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere. Love it.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Anti-viral cleaning products.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter.
Plus, they have all sorts of emergency equipment!
Services and Conveniences: Because Life is Easier with Help
Okay, here's where the hotel really went above and beyond:
- Concierge: These folks were AMAZING. Seriously, they helped me with everything from restaurant recommendations to booking tours. Absolute lifesavers.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
- Luggage storage: Because I'm a chronic over-packer.
- Cash withdrawal: Always handy to have nearby.
- Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service: The best!
For the Kids:
Unfortunately, I didn't take any children, however, HANZ Kieu Anh welcomes children!
My Verdict?
HANOI’S HIDDEN GEM? Yes, absolutely! I would return, definitely will!
My Offer:
Escape to Hanoi with HANZ Kieu Anh - Your Stress-Free Getaway!
Book your unforgettable stay at HANZ Kieu Anh Hotel and experience the magic of Hanoi! As a special offer, use the code "UNFORGETTABLE" when booking and receive:
- 15% off your room rate!
- Free airport transfer!
- Complimentary daily breakfast!
- Late check-out (subject to availability)!
This offer is for a limited time only, so don't miss out! Click the link to book, and get ready for a delightful stay!
Kim's Stunning Hanoi Haven: 2PN Vinhome D'capitale Luxury!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to get deeply, gloriously messy with this Hanoi hotel adventure. Forget perfect itineraries, we're diving headfirst into the glorious chaos of the Hanz Kieu Anh Hotel! Hold onto your hats – and your sanity.
Hanz Kieu Anh Hotel, Hanoi: A Hot Mess Express (With Amazing Food, Hopefully)
Day 1: Arrival, Exhaustion, and Questionable Spring Rolls
- 14:00 - Arrival: Landed in Hanoi. Humidity hit me like a wet blanket – the kind that clings to your soul. Finding the Hanz Kieu Anh wasn't a breeze. Let’s just say my sense of direction is about as reliable as a politician’s promise. Eventually, after a sweaty trek and a few panicked "Lost in Translation" moments with my Google Maps, (which seemed to hate me today), I stumbled in, dripping and disoriented.
- 14:30 - Check-in & Room Assessment: The lobby? Charming enough, maybe a little…faded? Think "grandma's house, but in a good way." The staff were lovely, bless their hearts, and somehow, despite my sweaty appearance, managed a welcoming smile. Key in hand, I prayed the room wasn’t a dungeon.
- 15:00 - Room Revelation: Okay, the room… it’s… interesting. Cleanish, that's the word I'd use…mostly. Don't look too closely at the corners. The bedspread? Let's just say it's seen some things. But hey, the AC is blasting! Victory! After the walk, the AC was worth more the gold. Time to peel myself off the floor and start this trip.
- 16:00 - First Street Snack & The Great Spring Roll Disaster: Okay, gotta get food into me. Walked down to the street market, all vibrant smells competing for my attention. This is where things started going sideways. I was SO excited for authentic spring rolls. I ordered, and the vendor, bless her soul, seemed to find my enthusiasm truly amusing. I devoured one. Delicious. The second? I'm almost certain it was full of something… questionable. Maybe it's the jet lag, but my stomach started to rumble with a ferocity I didn't think possible. Did I mention I have a sensitive stomach? Great. I went back to my room and questioned all my life choices.
- 18:00 - Regroup & Regret: After a while, my stomach calmed down (somewhat). I decided to regroup, take a shower and actually sit on the bed to organize myself. I decided instead to spend this first day on the bed watching some Vietnamese TV while my stomach settled. I regret not wearing my shoes as I thought the floor had some more 'interesting' things on it.
Day 2: Exploring the Old Quarter, Bargaining Battles, and Pho-king Heaven
- 08:00 - Breakfast Fiasco: The hotel breakfast. I'm going to keep an open mind, but the first impression was… sparse. The fruit looked slightly… dehydrated. The coffee… well, it woke me up! But the egg station? Perfect! I filled up on a breakfast of eggs and toast, and decided to head out, before I got a taste of more ‘questionable’ food.
- 09:00 - Old Quarter Wanderings: Forget it. I'm not planning anything… or at least not anything specific. Throw my map away and just roam. This is what I came for. The Old Quarter, a sensory overload in the best possible way. Motorbikes whizzing past, the scent of pho in the air, the bright colours of everything! Seriously, I spent a good twenty minutes just staring at a shop selling conical hats.
- 10:00 - The Bargaining Brawl: Okay, so souvenir shopping. This is where the real entertainment started. I pointed to a silk scarf I had to have. The vendor named a price. I countered. She laughed. I countered again, with a shaky attempt at Vietnamese. She laughed harder. We went back and forth, back and forth, until finally, with a dramatic sigh, she capitulated. Victory! I'll take my win where I can get it
- 11:00 - Coffee Break Bliss: Street coffee, STRONG and sweet. The perfect fuel for my haggling adventures. Sat at a tiny table, watching life unfold around me. This is what travel is about
- 12:00 - Pho-king Genius : Lunch. THIS is why I’m here. Pho. Found a tiny place with absolutely no English signage but a line of locals. The pho arrived, steam rising, the aroma… heavenly. Broth that sang. Noodles that melted in my mouth. Herbs so fresh they practically jumped off the plate. I may have cried a little. No, I definitely cried a little. This was, without a doubt, the best pho I’ve ever had in my life. I'm convinced I'd be happy eating this for every meal.
- 14:00 - Post-Pho Siesta: Food coma! Back to the hotel, crashed on the bed, and woke up feeling better than I have in years.
- 16:00 - More Exploration, or Maybe Just Getting Lost!: Wandering again, hoping to rediscover the street market, or at least a decent juice vendor. Found a hidden alleyway full of art, stopped to admire a gallery. It really doesn’t matter where you go, as long as you don’t go anywhere.
- 18:00 - The Search for Street Food Glory (Round Two): Okay, gotta be brave. Headed out to some recommended street food vendors. More spring rolls! Maybe I'll stick to the ones everyone recommends this time.
Day 3: Return Home (If I Can Ever Leave)
- 08:00 - Breakfast, The Sequel: I'm considering ordering egg and toast at the restaurant again. I'll take my victory where I can get it.
- 09:00 - Last Minute Shopping: I'm going to try and find more souvenirs before I leave.
- 11:00 - Check out and departure
Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions:
- The Constant Honking: Seriously, the horns are a constant soundtrack to life here. You get used to it. Mostly. Sometimes, though, when I'm already slightly frazzled, it’s enough to make me want to scream.
- The Smiles: The warmth of the people here is incredible. They're so patient and kind, even when I'm butchering the language and wandering around, utterly lost.
- The Smell: Okay, the smells are a lot sometimes. Incense, exhaust fumes, delicious food, sewage… It's a rollercoaster for the nostrils.
- The Jet Lag: Still fighting it. Sleep is a fickle beast at this point.
- The Fear of Getting Run Over: Crossing the street. It’s a daredevil sport. You have to walk slowly and confidently. I think.
- The Unexpected Connection: Sitting in a tiny restaurant, sharing a meal with a local family… those are the moments that make travel truly magical.
Imperfections & Rambles:
I'm probably doing this wrong. The itinerary is more of a suggestion, a loose guideline. I’m not going to "do" all the things. I'm going to get lost. I'm going to eat too much. I'm going to be overwhelmed. I'm going to love it. I'm going to complain. I’m going to forget half the details, and get all the names wrong. And it’s going to be glorious.
Final Thoughts:
The Hanz Kieu Anh Hotel? It won't win any awards for luxury. But it’s a place to rest my head, a base for my adventures. And right now, after the pho and all the chaos, I wouldn’t rather be anywhere else. Hanoi, you are a wild, wonderful, and slightly terrifying place. And I am absolutely, hopelessly, smitten. Now, where did I put that scarf…? And where's the bakery? I'm going to get a croissant. Or maybe another spring roll…Wish me luck… I'll need it!
Palawan Paradise Found: AMAZEN Lodge & Resort Awaits!
HANZ Kieu Anh Hotel: Seriously, The Unforgettable Part is Real (Mostly) - Your FAQ Guide
Okay, spill the tea. Is HANZ Kieu Anh *really* a "hidden gem"? I mean, everyone says that.
Alright, alright, let's be real. "Hidden gem" is thrown around like confetti these days. But with HANZ Kieu Anh… yeah, it kinda is. I stumbled upon it, actually. Was *supposed* to be at a more "reputable" place, but that fell through (long story involving a rogue scooter and a very confused receptionist). Ended up here. And honestly? Best. Mistake. Ever. It's not perfectly polished. It's got character! (And by character, I mean a slightly wonky elevator that makes some interesting sounds). More to the point, it makes you feel *welcome*, which is a pretty big deal when you're navigating the chaos of Hanoi on your own. Is it spotless? Not always. Did I find errant hairs in the bathroom once? Maybe. But it didn't matter. The vibe, the staff...pure gold.
What's the *actual* location like? Close to anything cool?
Location? Perfect. It's in the Old Quarter, so you're *right* in the thick of it. Seriously, you step out the door and you’re bombarded with the sights, smells, and sounds of Hanoi. It's both amazing and overwhelming... in the best way. Hoan Kiem Lake is a short walk (perfect for a morning stroll, if you're not too hungover from the night before - speaking from experience, ahem). Tons of food stalls, shops, and that incredibly chaotic but charming energy. You'll also be very close to the train street, which is... well, just watch out for those trains! Seriously. Almost lost my breakfast burrito to one. Lesson learned: pay attention. And buy a souvenir after, to show your appreciation for staying alive.
The rooms? Are they… decent? (Be honest.)
Okay, honest time. They’re not the Four Seasons. But they're *good*. Clean, comfortable beds (essential after a day of dodging motorbikes). The air-con works (a lifesaver in Hanoi's humidity). The bathrooms are fine. I mean, they’re functional, and again, that "character" I mentioned? Adds a certain charm. My shower pressure was a bit… enthusiastic one day. Like, borderline fire-hose. But you know what? It was hilarious. And I needed to be hosed down after eating street food, anyway. The views? Depends on the room, of course. Some face the street, which means a bit of noise (that Hanoi symphony!), others overlook a quieter courtyard. Ask for a higher floor if you can. Less street noise, more… well, you know, *views* of Hanoi. And yes, there is an elevator.
Breakfast? Is it the typical "toast and questionable fruit" situation?
NO! Now, look. The breakfast… it’s part of the reason I'd go back. They do a proper Vietnamese breakfast. And I mean *proper*. Pho, banh mi, fresh fruit (that's not always questionable!), eggs cooked however you like... the works. The staff will help you decide, even if you look confused. They're always smiling and helpful. The pho was particularly good, I remember this one specific morning, I woke up feeling completely awful. Jet lag, maybe a questionable street drink… anyway, they saw me looking peaky, and insisted I try the pho. It was like, a religious experience. Suddenly, the world wasn't so terrible. Best. Pho. Ever. Possibly the best thing I’ve ever eaten, period. And yes, I'm still thinking about it, and I was there months ago. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. This is an important factor; don’t underestimate the power of a good breakfast when you're exploring a new city.
The staff... Are they actually friendly, or is it the forced smiles of a service industry?
Oh, the staff. Here's where HANZ Kieu Anh really shines. They're genuinely, truly *lovely*. It's not that fake, plastered-on smile. They're actually interested in you. They remember your name (and if they don't right away, they *try*). They'll help you with anything – recommendations for restaurants, directions, even haggling with the street vendors (which, believe me, is a skill you need). I had a slightly disastrous attempt at ordering food one evening (my Vietnamese is… nonexistent). They saw me struggling and the receptionist, a lovely woman named Mai, stepped in and helped me. Not just translated, but *helped*. She made sure I understood what I was ordering, and made some excellent suggestions. Became fast friends over the course of the next few days. That's honestly what makes this place special. It’s the people. They make you feel like you're a welcomed guest, not just another tourist. And Mai, wherever you are, thank you for saving my dinner (and possibly my sanity!).
Got any tips for booking? Or anything I *shouldn't* do?
Book in advance, especially during peak season. It's a popular place. Consider requesting a room away from the street if you're a light sleeper. Bring earplugs, just in case (Hanoi is a city of constant noises). And, for the love of all that is holy, don't try to cross the road without looking *every which way, constantly*. It's a survival skill. Take advantage of the hotel's transfer service from the airport – it's a lifesaver after a long flight. And for the love of God, don't be afraid to try the street food! Just, you know, maybe start with something gentle. And carry some Immodium. Just in case. Also, tip the staff! They deserve it! Seriously, they work hard. And tip Mai extra because she's the best. (I'm not biased, I swear). Oh, and the elevator... don't be surprised by its quirks. It's part of the charm.
Overall, would you recommend HANZ Kieu Anh? Be brutally honest.
One hundred percent. Without hesitation. Look, it's not a five-star luxury hotel. It's better. It's got heart. It's got soul. It's got that wonky elevator (seriously, embrace it). It's a place where you feel like you're actually experiencing Hanoi, not just observing it from a sterile hotel room. It's a place that leaves a little piece of itself with you, and you’ll find yourself missing it long after you leave. Yes, go. Just... go. And tell Mai I said hello. (And order the pho). You won't regret it.

