Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits

Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits - A Brutally Honest Review (and a Plea to Book!)

Alright, folks, let's be real. Finding the perfect hotel in Athens is a quest rivaling the search for the Holy Grail. You're sifting through a mountain of options, each promising luxury, comfort, and Instagram-worthy views. And then, you stumble upon "Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits." Honestly? The name alone had me intrigued. "Coveted?" "Capricorn?" Sounds like something my boujee aunt from London would approve of. And after experiencing it… well, let's just say I'm drafting a very long, very opinionated review. Buckle up.

First Impressions & The Dreaded "Accessibility" Conversation (Let's Be Real, It's Important!)

Okay, let's start with the basics.

  • Accessibility: This is where things get a little… nuanced. They do mention facilities for disabled guests, an elevator, and a front desk that's supposedly 24-hour on-site. However, the devil, as they say, is in the details. I didn't personally need extensive accessibility features, but I'm always hyper-aware of it, especially in a city like Athens with its sometimes-challenging infrastructure. Verdict: Check with the hotel directly if you need detailed accessibility info. Don't just take my word for it. It's your holiday, after all.

  • Check-in/out: They advertise contactless check-in/out AND private check-in/out. I opted for the private, and thank god I did. After a brutal flight (never fly EasyJet, just… don't), the smiling face and quick processing felt like a balm to my weary soul. Express check-in? Might be faster, but is it as comforting? I think not.

Safety & Cleanliness - My Inner Germaphobe is Breathing Easier

I'm a bit of a… cleanliness enthusiast. Okay, fine, borderline germaphobe. The pandemic has only amplified this. So, I was thrilled to see the laundry list of safety measures.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas? Check.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays? Double check.
  • Staff trained in safety protocols? Seems like it.

I even peeked in the hallway while they were cleaning a room. The amount of sanitation involved was impressive. They go above and beyond. I actually felt relaxed!

The Room: Where I Felt Like a Modern-Day Athenian Goddess (Sans Actual Goddess Skills)

Okay, the room. This is where Kolonaki truly shines. Prepare for a sensory overload (in a good way).

  • The View: Epic. Seriously. I'm pretty sure I could see Mount Lycabettus from my balcony. This is where it finally clicked that I'm staying in Kolonaki, and it's amazing.

  • The Bed: Heavenly. Huge, comfy, and I may have spent an entire afternoon cocooned in its luxurious embrace. The extra-long bed was a godsend for this tall guy.

  • The Amenities: Bathrobes? Check. Slippers? Double check. Complimentary tea and bottled water? Triple check. They even had a scale! Sigh Knowing my weight always brings reality back, but what this hotel can do!

  • The Little Things: Blackout curtains? Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for the ability to sleep past 8 am! The bathroom phone (okay, a bit dated, but still kinda cool), a desk perfect for catching up on emails (or pretending to work), and a coffee/tea maker that actually works were all appreciated.

  • A Few Imperfections: The décor was… a little too minimalist for my personal taste (I like a bit more personality). The internet, while free and offered LAN, was spotty at times (a minor quibble).

  • In-Room Amenities: So many! Closet, Desk, Extra Long Bed, Free Bottled Water, High Floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Like a truly amazing list.

Dining, Drinking, and Feasting: My Stomach's Happy Place

Alright, food. Crucial. And Kolonaki delivers.

  • Restaurants: Yes! A real restaurant, offering a a la carte menu, international and Western cuisine! They also had a happy hour, a pool side bar. I will go there.
  • Breakfast: Breakfast buffet? Yes, please! I'm a fiend for a good breakfast spread, and this one didn't disappoint. Plus, they offered breakfast in-room! And, incredibly, offered breakfast takeaway service!
  • * The Best Part: And the breakfast! The buffet! The glorious, glorious buffet! I basically waddled back to my room after each morning, a testament to its deliciousness.
  • Snacks & Drinks: Coffee shop? Yes. Snack bar? Also yes. Room service 24-hours a day, so you can get anything at any time? Oh, yes, please! This is a hotel that understands my needs.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: From Spa Days to Gym Sessions (and More)

Listen. I'm all for relaxing. But I also appreciate a good workout, a massage, and maybe a dip in the pool (with a view, naturally). Kolonaki doesn't disappoint.

  • The Spa: The spa/sauna was pure bliss. I tried the body scrub, body wrap, and my skin felt like silk. The steam room? Perfect.
  • The Pool: The pool with a view! (Did I mention the view?) Seriously, this is what holidays are for.
  • The Gym: Yes, they have a fitness center. I actually used it. I regret nothing.

Extra Perks and Quirks

  • The Staff: Friendly, helpful, and actually seemed happy to be there. A rarity, believe me.
  • Location, Location, Location: Kolonaki is amazing. It's a swanky, upscale area with plenty of boutiques, cafes, and restaurants. You’re close to everything.
  • The Dark Side of Perfection: I was a bit sad that they do not allow pets.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. "Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits" isn't just a hotel, it's an experience. The attention to detail, the incredible amenities, the staff, and the prime location make this a truly exceptional choice.

However…

This isn't the place for you if:

  • You need a hotel with a ton of personality.
  • You’re allergic to luxury.
  • You hate delicious food and amazing views. Then…stay away.

My Recommendation: Book it. Book it now. Before I book it again myself. You won't regret it.

Special Offer (Because I Want You to Book!)

Book your stay at "Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits" through this review (that's right, I'm connected!), and you'll receive a complimentary welcome bottle of Greek wine and a 15% discount on any spa treatment. (Disclaimer: I get nothing. I just want you to experience the magic.)

Call to action: Book your stay NOW! Experience the magic of Kolonaki!

Escape to Paradise: De-Villaz, Srinagar's Luxury Haven

Book Now

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This is not your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel itinerary. This is the Greek trip that almost went sideways, and the story I'm still trying to untangle. We're talking Capricorn's Luxury Apartment in Kolonaki, Athens. (Spoiler alert: it was… mostly luxurious.)

The Kolonaki Chronicles: A Messy Greek Odyssey (with a Side of Moussaka)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Souvlaki Quest (aka, Jet Lag vs. My Stomach)

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Landed in Athens. Pretty sure the plane landed on my brain. Jet lag hit me like a rogue Ouzo shot. Everything’s blurry, smells of exhaust fumes (Athens, baby!), and I'm pretty sure I forgot how to walk in a straight line.
  • 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Taxi to the apartment. Kolonaki is…fancy. Like, "Chanel and designer dogs" fancy. The apartment? Okay. Stunning view from the balcony. Think sweeping city vistas punctuated by the jagged beauty of the Acropolis. Totally Instagrammable. The marble floors? Slightly cold on my jet-lagged, flip-flop-clad feet. The welcome basket? Bless 'em. Fruit, cookies – I felt loved.
  • 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM: The Souvlaki Mission. Fuel. I needed FUEL. Wandered the Kolonaki streets, utterly lost and fighting off the urge to curl up on a bench and take a nap. Found a place that looked authentic (the most important factor at this point was survival). Ordered souvlaki. Ate it without tasting – a common jetlag symptom. Only later, when the deliciousness started to filter through the fugue state, did I realize it was the best damn souvlaki of my entire life. My stomach smiled. My brain, a little less so.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Apartment Reconnaissance (and a brief, panicked search for the coffee machine). Found the Nespresso machine. Victory! Then, collapsed on the balcony to watch the city slowly, beautifully blur into focus. Athens, you magnificent, chaotic mess.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Great Nap. Required.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner at a recommended taverna (can't remember the name, I tried to find it again, but failed to). It was…fine. Slightly touristy. But the retsina was flowing, and I'm not complaining. Met a couple from Minnesota who talked about their cats the entire time.
  • 9:00 PM onwards: Stumbling back to the apartment. Pretty sure I said 'kaliméra' to a cat. Sleep. Glorious, blessed sleep.

Day 2: Acropolis Ascent and the Accidental Gelato Overload

  • 9:00 AM: Attempt at breakfast. Coffee and the last of the cookies. The fruit looked at me with suspicion.
  • 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Acropolis, Baby! Okay, this whole ancient history thing? Actually…captivating. The Parthenon is stunning. The sheer scale of this place? Mind-blowing. Got a sunburn on the back of my neck despite the sunscreen (lesson learned: reapply, idiot). Also, almost lost my hat to a rogue Athenian wind. Nearly fainted from the heat. But totally worth it.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch? Found a charming little café near the Acropolis. Overheard a heated debate about the best way to cook octopus. Truly Grecian! Had a Greek salad. Best. Salad. Ever.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: THE GELATO. THE GELATO. THE GELATO. Okay, get this: I saw a gelato shop. Simple, right? WRONG. The options were endless. Pistachio? Hazelnut? Fig? I wanted them all. I ordered three scoops. Then another one. Then another. It was a gelato avalanche. I'm pretty sure I was vibrating with sugar. Absolutely no regrets. (Okay, maybe a tiny one about the impending sugar crash.)
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The Plaka Wander (and My Near-Death Experience with a Donkey Cart). Got slightly lost in the Plaka district. It's charming, but crowded. Got nearly run over by a very enthusiastic donkey cart. My heart rate still hasn't recovered. Took a wrong turn near a souvenir shop. Saw a plate with a cat on it and had an immediate urge to buy it. Controlled myself.
  • **6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Back to the apartment. Needed a sit down and a glass of water. Maybe two.
  • **7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner at another taverna. (I'm starting to get the hang of it.) This time, with a view of the Acropolis lit up at night. Magical. The food? Fish, this time. Excellent. The conversations with the locals? Limited by my nonexistent Greek skills. But that's part of the charm, right?
  • 9:00 PM onwards: Bed. Seriously, the luxury apartment's bed was calling my name.

Day 3: Day Trip to… Delphi? (Maybe)

  • Morning: Woke up feeling moderately less-zombie-like. Decided to be ambitious. Delphi! The Oracle! History! (Or rather, I thought Delphi).
  • Transportation: After a long debate, I decided to rent a car (Mistake #1). The thought process was simple but faulty: "How hard can driving in Greece be?" (Famous last words).
  • The Drive: Holy. Mother. Of. God. Narrow roads, maniac drivers, crazy hairpin turns. I’m pretty sure I aged a decade. This was no drive, it was a survival test. Found myself clinging to the steering wheel, praying, and muttering obscenities in multiple languages.
  • The Trip. (If I even got as far as Delphi): (I didn't).
  • Afternoon: After about an hour and a half, I realized that if I actually made it to Delphi, the return drive would kill me. I turned around.
  • Evening: Made it back to the apartment alive. Ordered take-out, drank wine on the balcony, and swore I'd never drive in Greece again. Ever.

Day 4: The Apartment, the Locals, and the Real Greek Life

  • Morning: Slept in. The best luxury (and the true definition of luxury for me)
  • Afternoon: Explored the local shops, stumbled upon a tiny bakery overflowing with baklava (bought it all). The woman behind the counter, with her infectious smile and broken English, became my new best friend (met a few). I tried (and failed) to properly pronounce “efharisto.”
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: Back to the apartment. Read a book, relaxed, and got ready for dinner with my new friend, Maria.
  • Dinner, then the best moment of all: Maria, with her brother, and I went to dinner at a local taverna, without any tourists. Delicious food. Lots of laughter (even though the language barrier made it a challenge). We talked, we drank Ouzo, we danced, and the music and the energy of Greece felt like it was finally getting deep inside me. This was the real Greece. This was the trip. This was what I had come for.

Day 5 onward: (Basically, more of the same with a few more side trips to the shops, gelato and souvlaki and, of course, more Ouzo.) The Acropolises, the temples, the sunsets – all amazing. But the truly unforgettable moments were the unplanned ones. The shared laughter with strangers, the spontaneous sips of retsina under the stars, the (almost-lethal) gelato binges.

Final Thoughts:

The luxury apartment in Kolonaki was a great base, sure. The view was divine. The marble floors were chilly. But the real luxury? That was the freedom to deviate, to get lost, to laugh, to mess up, and to say “Opa!” with genuine enthusiasm. The best travel experiences always include a healthy dose of delicious chaos, unexpected friendships, and a gelato-induced sugar coma. And, of course, a good book. Would I go back? Absolutely, with a better plan. And maybe a driver. And definitely more gelato. Kali epityhia! (Good luck!)

Mumbai's La Hotel Metro: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Book Now

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Athens' Most Coveted Apartment: Your Kolonaki Capricorn Awaits… (Maybe) - FAQ!

Okay, so what *exactly* is this "Kolonaki Capricorn" everyone's drooling over? Is it, like, magic?

Magic? Well, *almost*. It's the holy grail of Athens apartments, at least according to my Instagram feed (and my therapist, after I spent a month refreshing the listing… don't judge!). Think prime Kolonaki location – imagine strolling to the shops, bumping into a famous actor (probably having coffee… they *all* have coffee), and generally feeling like you’ve won the Athenian lottery. The "Capricorn" part? Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe the previous owner was a fan of astrology? Or maybe it's just a ridiculously catchy name. Either way, it screams 'luxury' and 'life goals'. It’s the apartment equivalent of that perfect avocado toast you see on Pinterest, the one you'll *never* be able to replicate. Seriously, I once swore I saw the listing on a Tuesday. I can't tell you what day of the week it was and I still get the icky feeling I missed it. Ugh.

How much does it… cost? (Deep breaths…)

Right. The Big Question. Prepare yourself… and maybe grab a shot of ouzo. It's, shall we say, *significant*. I’ve seen whispers of figures that would make your jaw hit the marble floor. Look, it’s Kolonaki. Everything's jacked up, darling. And these apartments… they’re rarely even *listed*. It's all word-of-mouth, connections, and knowing the right people (like, the REALLY right people, the ones who have a private jet to Mykonos… I'm not kidding). I once overheard someone talking about "generational wealth" and "untapped potential" in the context of this place during a terrible date. He didn't get the girl, but it gave me a visceral gut ache. My advice? Start selling essential organs. Or, you know, win the lottery. Much easier.

Okay, FINE, so I'm probably not buying it. But what’s it *like* inside? Is it *really* as amazing as the photos… or is it all filters and Photoshop?

Ah, the photos. The *glorious* photos. Let's be honest, I've spent hours zooming in, analyzing every detail. From what I can gather (again, based on obsessive internet stalking… it's research, okay?!), the Capricorn is a classic. Think high ceilings, original moldings, probably a balcony that overlooks something *fabulous* like the Acropolis (if you're lucky). And, the floors! Oh, the floors! I bet they're like, polished to a mirror sheen, where you can see the faint reflection of your hopes and dreams (mostly crushed hopes and dreams, if you're anything like me). I've seen glimpses of massive windows letting in the Athenian light. And you just know, you just KNOW, the kitchen is a chef's dream. Stainless steel, granite countertops… probably a state-of-the-art espresso machine that's *way* beyond my budget. I'd probably set it on fire, honestly. Too much pressure.

What's the catch? There *has* to be a catch!

Oh, there *are* catches. Probably several. Firstly, the price (already covered, shudder). Secondly, the competition. You're not just up against the wealthy. You're up against the *ultra*-wealthy, the people who probably own a private island AND a yacht. Thirdly… the renovations. Older buildings in Athens can be a bit… creaky. You're signing up for potential plumbing nightmares, electrical gremlins, and a constant battle with the building’s management committee. I've *heard* horror stories. The kind that involve water damage, mold, and shouting matches in Greek. And finally… and I can’t stress this enough… the *lack* of availability. This is the unicorn of Athenian real estate. It probably exists in a parallel universe, accessible only to the truly privileged. And maybe someone with a very, very good realtor. (I need that realtor’s number, btw, just in case…)

Let's say, hypothetically, I *somehow* managed to get an appointment to view it. What should I do? (Besides faint, of course.)

Okay, first: **DON’T FAINT!** Seriously, stay conscious. Second: Dress the part. Not flashy, but definitely chic. Think tailored linen, designer sunglasses (even if it's cloudy; you'll need them against the blinding sunlight of pure, unadulterated envy). Third: Know your neighborhood. Pretend you're a local, even if you’re not. Casually mention your favorite bakery, suggest a nearby taverna with the amazing *dolmades*. Fourth: **PRACTICE YOUR GREEK!** Even if it's just "Kalimera" and "Efharisto," it shows respect (and makes you seem less… desperate.) Fifth: Don't be afraid to ask questions, but be smart about it. "What's the average water pressure?" is better than "Can I afford this?!" (You can't, but don't let them know that until the deal is done.) Sixth: And this is the most important: **Assume you don’t get it.** This way, if you do get it, you'll be ecstatic. If you don't, you'll have already mourned the loss and can start your life, which will probably include frequent viewings on the outside with a sad cup of coffee.

Okay, so there’s basically NO CHANCE. What's the NEXT-BEST thing? Can I at least… visit a museum? Or… a *nearby* apartment?

Alright, let's be realistic. The Capri... Kolonaki Capricorn might be out of reach (sob). But Athens offers PLENTY to soothe the soul. Definitely hit up the Benaki Museum; it's practically on the doorstep of Kolonaki, and it's gorgeous. You can even wander through the neighborhood and soak up the atmosphere. Pretend the gorgeous building across the street is yours. Stare longingly at the marble balconies. Daydream. (I do it. Often.) Find a cafe, sip a Freddo Espresso (obviously), and pretend you’re a chic Athenian resident, just out for a morning stroll. There are beautiful apartments in the area, even if they don't have 'Capricorn' in their name. Look at them, admire them… and plan your eventual lottery win. Meanwhile, enjoy the sunshine, the history, and the feeling of being *almost* close to the dream. And if you ARE lucky enough to acquire something close, the first bottle is on me. I'll even bring tissues.

Why are you so obsessed with this apartment?!

Okay, okay, you got me. It's notComfort Zone Inn

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece

Capricorn - Luxurious apartment in Kolonaki Athens Greece