
Escape to Paradise: Colombia's Hidden Eco-Gem, Finca La Lomita!
Forget the Beige! Finca La Lomita: My Unfiltered Dive into Colombian Eco-Paradise (and Why You NEED to Go)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a virtual rollercoaster that's Finca La Lomita. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews. This is the real deal, warts and all – and trust me, the warts are minimal, and they're probably tiny, adorable little jungle toads anyway.
First off, let's be clear: Finca La Lomita isn't just a hotel. It's an experience. It's escaping the soul-crushing noise of… well, everything, and finding yourself breathing actual, unpolluted air. (Seriously, I think I felt my lungs sigh with relief.)
Accessibility: Okay, Let's Be Honest
Right, the nitty-gritty. Accessibility is… well, it depends. The website claims to be striving for accessibility, and I certainly saw some thoughtful touches (like ramps in certain areas). However, it’s a finca! You're in the Colombian hills! So, real talk: Wheelchair accessibility isn't going to be perfect throughout the entire property. There are elevation changes and natural terrain to contend with. But they do have facilities for disabled guests, and the staff genuinely seemed willing to bend over backwards to help. Call ahead, discuss your needs, and get your answers. Honestly, the effort they put in made a huge difference, and that’s a win in my book. Getting around could involve some assistance, but the payoff is ridiculously worth it.
The Techie Stuff: You Can Survive Without Your Phone…But…
Let’s be brutally honest. I NEED my internet. I'm a digital nomad, people! Finca La Lomita gets it. While you're not going to be streaming Netflix like you're at home, the Internet [LAN] and Internet services are perfectly serviceable for basic work. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a HUGE win! They also have Wi-Fi in public areas, so you can Instagram your breathtaking sunrise (and trust me, you will want to). But remember, you're there to escape. Embrace the digital detox!
Rooms: Comfort, Charm, and a View to DIE For
My room? Glorious. Actually, let me get specific. Let's talk about the Available in all rooms amenities. Air conditioning (essential!), a comfy bed, and a refrigerator for those sneaky evening snacks. Bathrooms were clean, hot water always available, and the shower was bliss. The window that opens… allowing the sounds of the jungle to lull you to sleep. The extra long bed… allowing you to stretch out your weary body. (Sorry, I'm a big person.) Blackout curtains are perfect for lazy mornings. Free bottled water (hydration is key!). Internet access – wireless (always a plus!). Oh, and did I mention the view? You'll want to move in forever. Non-smoking rooms, of course, and they really stick to it. I’m not a smoker, but I appreciated the commitment to fresh air!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to Be Pampered (and Possibly Over-Eaten)
Food, glorious food! Let me tell you about the Breakfast [buffet]. It's not just a buffet; it's a celebration of Colombian flavors. Think fresh fruit that tastes like sunshine, arepas cooked to perfection, and coffee that’ll make you sing. They offer Breakfast service, Asian breakfast, and Western breakfast. Yes. ALL the breakfasts. You can even ask for Breakfast in room – perfect for those mornings when you really don't want to move. The a la carte in restaurant menu is a treasure trove. And the Poolside bar is a must-do. Sipping a cocktail while soaking up that glorious view? Yes, please. And don't miss the happy hour!
The Spa: Surrender to Bliss (and Don't Fight It!)
Right. This. The Spa at Finca La Lomita. Holy moly. I am not a spa person, usually. I’m too fidgety, I can't relax. But this place… different. They’ve got the works: Massage, a Sauna and Spa/sauna. I indulged in a Body scrub and a Body wrap. I’m not even going to try and describe the feeling. Just… go. Book it. Trust me. The pool with view is simply glorious. They also have a Steamroom for the serious spa-goers. You'll exit this place feeling like a new human being.
Things to Do: Beyond Bliss
Okay, so you’re not just going to spend all your time in the spa, right? While the spa and the swimming pool are pure chill, there's more to do. You can hike. You can explore the surrounding countryside. They sometimes offer events or Seminars so you can learn something new. They got you covered no matter your vibe. They got a Fitness Center, too. I’m not sure I used it, but it's there if you're feeling energetic. There's a little Shrine on the property, and the staff really are trained in safety protocols.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind in Paradise
Listen, travel in these times… it’s natural to be a little freaked. I was incredibly impressed with the cleanliness and safety measures at Finca La Lomita. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, Daily disinfection in common areas, and were using Anti-viral cleaning products. (And it smelled clean, not like industrial chemicals.) The staff wore masks, and they genuinely seemed to care. They offered room sanitization opt-out available, because they know that you are in control, not the other way around. They even had Hot water linen and laundry washing and Individually-wrapped food options! They got a Doctor/nurse on call. First aid kit. And they take Cashless payment service!
Services and Conveniences: Because Life is Easier When Someone Else Handles the Details
Got a question? Concierge service is right there. Need a taxi? They'll sort it. Car park [free of charge]? You betcha. Daily housekeeping? Yes, please! And they offer a Laundry service. The staff are so helpful that they Contactless check-in/out! I mentioned the Gift/souvenir shop. I'm not a big shopper, but I snagged a few things. They have a Coffee shop. And a Convenience store.
The Quirks and the Imperfections – Because Nothing is Perfect (and That’s Okay!)
Look, Finca La Lomita isn't a flawless, airbrushed Instagram ad. There were a few little things. Wi-Fi can be a little spotty in some rooms. The occasional bug (it's the jungle, people!). Things aren’t always perfect, but they are ALWAYS beautiful.
Why You NEED to Book This NOW - My Emotional Rant
Seriously. Stop reading. BOOK IT. I can't even describe the feeling of reconnecting with nature, with myself, with… well, with something. It’s a soul reset. The staff are amazing. The views are breathtaking. The food is divine. It's an escape from the everyday, a chance to breathe deep, and remember what really matters.
My Offer: The "Unplug & Replenish" Package (Because You Deserve It!)
Okay, I want to make this irresistible. Here’s my special offer, for the readers of this review:
- Book a minimum 3-night stay and get:
- A complimentary couples massage, because… bliss.
- A free upgrade to a room with the best view available (subject to availability).
- A welcome basket filled with local goodies (coffee, chocolate, and other deliciousness).
- Free bicycle rental for a day, to explore the surrounding area.
How to claim this offer:
Mention the code "ECO-ESCAPE" when booking through Finca La Lomita's website or directly with their reservations team.
Seriously – what are you waiting for? Go. Breathe. Be.
This is NOT an ad. I’m just a genuinely happy human trying to share a little slice of paradise. Enjoy!
**Escape to Paradise: Crown Palace Hotel's Srinagar Luxury Awaits!**
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-curated travelogue. We're going to Finca Ecoturistica La Lomita in Agua de Dios, Colombia, and trust me, it’s gonna be a ride. Here's the train wreck… I mean, experience… mapped out:
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Existential Dread (aka, "Where's the Wifi?")
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Land in Bogota. Ugh, Bogota. Let's be real, it was freezing. And the airport? A glorious chaos of luggage carts and lost tourists. I swear I saw a guy trying to wrestle a rogue suitcase. Anyway, shuttle transfer to the bus terminal.
- Mid-morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): The bus to Agua de Dios. Honestly, I was expecting some swanky tourist bus, but this was more like a local's commute. Think crowded, slightly dusty, and filled with the symphony of Colombian life: cackling chickens, buzzing motorcycles, and the constant rumble of the engine. At one point, a woman casually offered me a bag of plantain chips. Bliss.
- Lunch (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Finally in Agua de Dios! Straight to La Lomita. The air immediately felt warmer, thicker, almost alive. Okay, finding the actual finca was… an adventure. Let's just say Google Maps wasn't exactly helpful. We ended up asking a small child who was playing soccer alone! They were helpful, maybe a bit cheeky. And lunch was the ultimate disappointment: chicken and rise: Not good.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Check-in, a cursory glance at the view from the balcony (breathtaking, naturally), and then… the hunt for WiFi. Oh, the humanity! Turns out it's… spotty. I'm talking dial-up-in-the-21st-century levels of frustration. The first existential crisis of the trip began.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner at the finca. Oh my god, the food! I had expectations going in, but nothing came close to what I got. It was simple, fresh, and exploding with flavor. And the view while eating… it's when I began accepting the beautiful change of pace.
- Night (8:00 PM onwards): Stargazing. Holy. Freaking. Moly. Never seen so many stars without light pollution. Just… wow. Okay, maybe the WiFi thing doesn't matter anymore. Maybe.
Day 2: Embrace the Slow (and a Terrifying Horseback Ride)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Coffee on the terrace. Colombian coffee, of course. It was like sunshine in a cup. Sat there, watching the mist roll over the valley, and for the first time in ages, I felt… peaceful. Until the rooster decided to serenade me. Loudly.
- Breakfast (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Arepas, eggs, and fruit. More amazing food, which is a theme here.
- Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Horseback riding. Sounded idyllic, right? WRONG. I’m not exactly a “horse person.” My steed (whose name, I swear, was Rocinante, which I found hysterical) seemed to think I was a particularly irritating insect. We went at a terrifyingly slow pace on a winding trail that felt like it was about to tip into the abyss. At one point, Rocinante made a sudden move, almost throwing me off. I screamed a high-pitched noise I didn't know I was capable of making. I was terrified! But… I got a good photo.
- Lunch (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Back at the finca, mentally and physically shaken. Ate some fruit and took a nap.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Hiking to the waterfall. Okay, this was more like it. The trail was muddy, and I was sweating like a pig in a sauna, and the views were simply stunning. Reached the waterfall, and it was freezing. Cold water but the air temperature was really hot. The cool water did made it so much better.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner with the other guests. This is where the real magic happened. Stories, laughter, and the kind of conversations that make you feel connected to humanity.
- Night (8:00 PM onwards): More stargazing. And maybe I even started to accept the lack of WiFi. Almost.
Day 3: The End (and an Insatiable Craving for More)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Coffee on the terrace. This time, I actually enjoyed the rooster's serenade. I was now a changed woman.
- Breakfast (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): More amazing food!
- Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Last-minute souvenir shopping in Agua de Dios. Actually, I bought a hat because I hadn't brought one. And a bag, that's actually really cute.
- Lunch (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): One last amazing meal at the finca. I could live like this.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Goodbye to La Lomita. The ride back to Bogota was bittersweet, as I began to feel like I'd left a part of myself behind.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Back to the chaos of Bogota. And the first thing I did? Find WiFi. Not because I needed it, but because it felt… familiar.
- Night (8:00 PM onwards): Flight back home. Exhausted, exhilarated, and already planning my return. I'm not sure when, but I'm going back. Rocinante and all.
This trip was imperfect in all the right ways. It was messy, unpredictable, and full of moments that made me want to laugh, cry, and scream all at once. But it was also beautiful, transformative, and, yeah, definitely worth every moment. You should go. Just, maybe, pack some extra patience and a good hat.
Tukwila's Hidden Gem: Interurban Suites Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Finca La Lomita - Your Slightly Chaotic Guide
Buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated travel brochure. This is the real deal.
Okay, Finca La Lomita… is it *actually* paradise? My Instagram feed is begging to know.
Alright, alright. Let's get this out of the way. Is it paradise? Well... it depends what your definition of paradise is. If it's perfectly manicured lawns and consistent Wi-Fi? Honey, run. If it's raw, unfiltered nature, bird song that makes you weep, and the kind of peace that settles deep in your bones? Then yes. *Maybe*. Definitely *mostly* yes. Listen, the journey there is its own adventure (we'll get there... eventually). But the moment you step foot on that property? Magic. Honestly. The air smells like a thousand different plants are having a party and the views... dear god, the views. One time, I was sitting on the porch, sipping *agua panela* (more on that deliciousness later!), and a hummingbird buzzed *right* past my ear. I swear, time stopped. So, yeah. Mostly paradise. With a healthy dose of "rustic charm."
How do I *get* to Finca La Lomita? Because Google Maps is giving me the side-eye.
Oh, the getting there. Prepare yourself. It’s part of the experience, I’m convinced! Firstly, there’s a bus. Which, you know, it’s a bus. Then, possibly a taxi. Then… well, the last time I went, they sent a guy on a motorbike to pick us up. Which, for someone who gets motion sickness, was… *memorable*. He drove like he was being chased by a swarm of angry bees. (Don't worry, it's generally safer than it sounds.) The roads? Let's just say they haven't seen a pothole repair in probably a decade. Bring Dramamine. Bring snacks. Bring an open mind. And maybe, just maybe, your therapist's number. But on the bright side, the ride itself is *stunning*. Rolling hills, coffee plantations galore, and tiny villages where time seems to move at a different, more relaxed speed. Just don't expect a smooth, air-conditioned ride like you're used to. Embrace the chaos! I mean, I almost lost my luggage a couple of times (totally my fault, I was being too chatty and distracted by the scenery) but I had a blast.
Accommodation: What’s the vibe? Luxurious Glamping? Bunk Beds and Bugs? Give it to me straight!
Okay, let’s talk digs. "Glamping" it ain't. You're sleeping *in* nature, not next to it. Think charming, rustic cabins, each with its own personality. Some have private balconies, some have breathtaking views of the valley (seriously, bring your camera!), and all are nestled amongst the lush greenery. The beds are comfortable, the showers are warm-ish (the water heater might get a little temperamental, honestly!). The important thing is you are experiencing immersion. And, yes, you might encounter a bug or two. Embrace it, they're part of the ecosystem! I remember one morning, right after arriving, I woke up to the most glorious sunrise and… a spider the size of my hand dangling *above* my head. (Okay, maybe I screamed *a little*). I got a bit hysterical during that one. But I got over it. It went away. Now, that's only happened to me once, but I wanted to be honest. If you're expecting pristine, polished, sterile perfection, Finca La Lomita might not be for you. But if you are looking for authenticity, adventure, and a genuine connection with nature, sign me up!
Food, glorious food! What can I expect to eat at Finca La Lomita? (And is the water safe?)
Okay, food. This is a major win. Colombian cuisine is a joy, and the food at La Lomita is as authentic and home-cooked as it gets. Expect a lot of fresh fruit (oh, the mangoes!), hearty breakfasts with arepas and eggs, delicious lunch, and possibly the best *sancocho* (a hearty soup) you'll ever have in your life. They cater to dietary restrictions, too, which is awesome. And the *agua panela*? You *must* try it. It’s basically sugar cane juice, and it's like Colombian sunshine in a glass. Seriously, I was completely hooked. I'm pretty sure I drank my weight in it. The water? They provide filtered water, but I always used bottled water just to be on the safe side. (I have a sensitive stomach, okay? Don't judge!)
Activities! What IS there to *do* at Finca La Lomita, besides, you know… breathe?
Breathe? Yes. Definitely breathe. It's essential. But there's so much more! Hiking through coffee plantations, exploring nearby waterfalls, horseback riding (if you feel adventurous), bird watching (bring binoculars!), and simply relaxing on your porch with a book. One of my absolute favorite experiences was the coffee tour. They take you through the entire process, from bean to cup. It's fascinating, and the coffee at the end? Unforgettable. I still dream about it. Then, there's the chance to visit the local villages, which are so authentically Colombian. The people are warm and welcoming. Just try not to get into too much trouble with the locals.
Seriously, tell me about that coffee tour. Because I'm already getting excited...
Alright, fine, I'll gush about the coffee tour. It's not just a 'tour', it's an *experience*. You stroll through the lush coffee plants, learning all about how the beans are grown, harvested, and processed. The guide – I can't remember his name, but he was a very kindly older gentleman with a twinkle in his eye – was incredibly knowledgeable. He spoke with such passion about the coffee, the land, everything. You get to see the whole process, from the bright red coffee cherries being picked, to the beans being washed and dried. You *smell* the coffee – that rich, intoxicating aroma that just fills your lungs. (I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!). Then, the best part: the tasting. They brew the freshest coffee you'll ever taste, and you savor it, every single sip. It's pure bliss. I actually shed a little tear. The whole experience is deeply moving and completely unforgettable. Truly a highlight.
Is it a good place for a solo traveler?
Honestly? ABSOLUTELY. It's one of the best places I've ever been solo. There are usually other travelers around, and the atmosphere is super friendly. You can be as social or as solitary as you want. I’m not gonna lie, I'm a bit of an introvert and I had a few moments of "Oh god, what have I done?" when I was on my own. ButHotels Near Your

